Excruciating Tight white line after frenuloplasty

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

12 days ago now i had a Frenuloplasty where they cut the frenulum and stitched it back up. Not only has it left a small 'skin tag' like lump just below the opening of the head, and bigger skin tag at the surgical cut half way down the foreskin when rolled back, but now where the tight frenulum was, is now a very skinny white tight line which when the foreskin is pulled back is excruciating And tight, even more painful than before i had the op.

Im not sure if this is scare tissue or a smaller frenulum which was underlying.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this or experienced the same.

Any remedy? Or is another frenuloplasty needed?

Cheers guys

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Doesn't sound good.  It might be something that will fix itself, but I'd definitely go back to the doctor/surgeon that did it.  They will have been trying to make the smallest cut possible, but maybe they didn't cut deep enough??  There's only one frenulum there btw.

Good luck.

Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor. 

• Posted

Hey! Having the same problem six weeks after the operation. Any follow up???
  • Posted

Hi, were you able to get a solution to your problem. I have the same white line (actually a thin line of skin) doesn't seem an issue in flaccid penis.

Please please let me the know how your case went. It will take just 2 minutes of your time.

• Posted

Hi there,

There are different techniques to doing this. In my case they basically cut the frenulum loose from the glans and sutured the whole thing. It felt uncomfortably tight for a long time and looked like a mess and like most men I freaked out a bit too. Then again this is all normal, it will feel weird for a while, 12 days is nothing. Also: scar tissue formation here is normal, although everyone heals differently in this respect, and even then what seems like a bit of scar tissue (the thin white line) may take up to 6 months to become "flexible" and heal well, which it will. Give it time and don't let google drive you insane. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.