any advice please ???

Posted , 5 users are following.

I am now 15 years old I've had keloids since I was about nine or nine. I was attacked by a pit bull on a late night on my breast and my leg. After I went to the hospital they gave me stitches and medicine to take as I healed. I couldn't walk or sleep on my stomach or left side for nearly a month. While healing they itches like crazy. My mom would buy many different lotions & gels but they didn't work so I gave up. The keloids on my leg healed perfectly. The 6 keloids I have on my breast grew back terrible. They were huge and painful. I never wore low cut shirts until this day I still don't. I barely go swimming in the summer which is when my birthday is. If I do i always get frustrated finding a top that covers my scars. When I was about 12 I started get the injections to make them flatten which they did. They results were amazing. But now I'm thinking about get the surgery to get them removed. They did go down but still are big. It just really sucks having keloids I feel really embarrassed. I try my best to keep them covered because when I do show people that laugh at me which makes me even more insecure about them. I was just wondering if any has had the surgery and had good results?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Ronnie, I am sorry you are having these issues. I have big keloid scars on my ear, I feel your pain. People laugh at what they don't understand.

If I can offer you one piece of advice it would be to avoid surgery, it has a very high rate for scars to come back which has happened to me.

You said you had success with the injections? I know they're painful but I would consider doing them. I have also found Dr Sheffield scar gel to work well - you can buy it online and its quite cheap. Also taking a supplement called Serrapeptase and also silicone sheets from the pharmacy.

I am currently looking into cryotherapy so that's something you could research.

Feel free to pop me a message

Rachael (22yrs old)

• Posted

I got scars for more than 3 years.I thought of getting treatment instead of doing some home remedy then My dermatologist prescribed me to use dermalmd's scar serum.It's that one product which really works.Your best bet is to start early & use consistently.

• Posted

The appearance of the scars getting dimnish day by day.My daughter is very happy since she was recommended this item to me.My scars was worst and  visible after using dermalmd scar serum its getting better.thanks
  • Posted

I am 30 and i had scar on face around 2 years back.Its completely gone by using dermalmd scar serum.guys i am happy now and i have very very soft and supple skin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.