Lyrica - Good and bad

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi. Have been suffering from two moderatly herniated discs in my lower spine for 5 months now. Had a relapse 8 weeks ago which literally prevented me from walking. Severe stabbing pains in my shin, like someone pouring boiling water on them. Prescribed Lyrica (2 x 75mg per day). The majority of thr pain in my legs left within a week. Upped to 4 x 75mg a day in the hope that the pain would be 100% eliminated. Not so.....started to get severe muscle spasms (like electric shocks) in other leg. Could hardly function. Have now stopped lyrica this morning (not weaned off like web sites would suggest). Just taking anti-inflam. Early days but spasms are now.minimal and original pain in leg is minimal. Have i just got bettet naturally ?. Here is hoping....

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Weller.

The best thing you could have done is stop the pregabalin.

I believe you have done the correct thing for your health and know that anti-inflammatory medication is much better for you long and short term.

I, too, stopped taking pregabalin without cutting down.

I hope you have no resiliant problems from it. It's a terrible thing to be prescribed to people.

Good luck to you.

• Posted

Hi Weller77. M yhusband passed away suddenly aged 40 in Septemeber and I believe the pregablin contributed to it. Still awaiting sutopsy results. He gained 40kgs in the last 18 months from it and there are many adverse side effects. It did help with his pain. Knowing what I know now he wouldnt have stayed on it long term if he knew the health risks. I wish you all the best with your pain management. I know how hard it is to be in pain and for no one to understand your suffering. I expereinced it wit hmy darling husband. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.