The one thing i absolutely can not stand about this illness...

Posted , 5 users are following.

is the damn smell.

The pain i can deal with, the puss, the blood, the inflammation i can deal with.. but the times where suddenly i get "the smell" and straight away my thoughts are "which one has popped, which part of my body is this smell coming from?" 

It sucks and makes me so depressed. My wife is very supportive, she has never judged me or gotten grossed out by it, and i am a very lucky lady to have her by my side, but sometimes i feel so guilty that she has to deal with this stuff.

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I get you completely!! Please understand though it is not your fault and if it was reversed I am sure you would be just as understanding and tolerant smile We cannot help what this horrid disease does to us. I'm so thankful you have such a kind wife by your side! Don't let this disease get you down, at times it can't be helped.

• Posted

If at home,I some times slap on some vicks, masks the smell quite well and you may even get some sympathy smile

• Posted

I know what you mean, it's a smell like no other. I think though that other people don't smell it the same way as we smell it on ourselves. We are so conscious of everything about the condition that we are acutely aware of it and think everyone else is too.

• Posted

Wow I'm about to have my first date in 4 1/2 years now and wondered can I use deodorant since haven't used in years but at night alone I can smell my pits n it's not a attractive scent celibate years now and finally met someone but don't want to turn it off because of the his any longer , I've changed diet except cigarette so I'm thinking that's the cause .

• Posted

You can try the all natural crystal deodorants smile Have fun on your date!

• Posted

I agree with tj269; try the natural crystal deodorants. I also sometimes use a body spray, the sort that doesn't leave white marks, lightly around the area over my clothes. That way there's a bit of scent to mask any possible smells but it won't irritate the skin at all.

?And yes, have fun on your date! we want to know all about it!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.