New to group

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

Ive had an awful painful rash on my lower back for ages with various diagnoses and creams from doctors, with no success. Yesterday I had a dental checkup, and my Dentist told meI have mild oral lichen planus...then went on to say it's likely you have in on other parts of your body too. To be honest, I had never heard of it, but having just googled it, I am 99% sure this is what I have on my lower back. I feel relief knowing what it is, but now need relief of the discomfort. I would be grateful for any tips, and has anyone tried Emuaid?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Judith,

I was diagnosed in December, it's unpleasant and can be very sore, I have been prescribed Dermovate and am having good results.

Catharine

• Posted

Hi Judith

I'm 58 and have LP my dentist diagnosed it about 12 years ago but never had any symptoms them but for the last few years Iv had this burning mouth with spicy foods and citrus.. I know how you feel... also I had abnormal cells after a cervical smear around the same time I was diagnosed.. have you ever had problems with smears!!! How old are you ?

• Posted

Hi Judith,

I also have erosive oral lichen planus. I was diagnosed by an oral pathologist in December of 2015 after my moms severe stroke. I have struggled with raw gums/cheeks and sores on my gum line. My pathologist prescribed oral steroids for me for about 5 months to calm my mouth down. It did calm the sides down, but I gained 45 pounds in that time and have struggled to lose the weight. I was also diagnosed with sjogrens disease after a blood test. Another autoimmune disease which causes dry eyes and mouth. I haven't noticed any problems with my skin yet, but have been told that I should watch for changes in my skin. I haven't had my pap in a couple years. I need to get that scheduled right away. My Step-Mom actually told me emaud. But I am curious to see if it works for anyone.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.