Help

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi guys I'm new to the group looking for some advice firstly I've no gallbladder no appendix had a groom hernia removed and 8lb ovarian cyst had a couple of laparoscopies and a mum of 4 I've been having awful tummy pain for a few months now started on the left side but moved to the right about 2 inches to the right of my belly button through to my back doc says ibs c I typically go every couple of days but I'm finding after I've been I get terrible stomach pain not relief and I blow up like a balloon I've been sticking to a gluten free and limited dairy diet I'm at my wits end if this really is ibs or something else I have had a colonoscopy all clear thanks

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

A  and a gluten dairy diet may cause Ibs, did your GP suggest a dairy diet ??

Who suggested Gluten free diet

BOB

• Posted

My doctor basically was I think you e got ibs I've got too eliminate certain foods then bring them back in see how I react but too be honest I seem to react to everything also got round my belly button pain and symptoms of uti but pee tests always clear

• Posted

That was a very large cyst you had on top of the other surgeries.  Sometimes surgery on the stomach area can trigger IBS.  If all your other issues have been cleared up, IBS can be diagnosed.  If you have had a confident diagnosis of IBS from your doctor, I would accept this.  Ask your doctor for an antispasmodic to reduce the pain.  Worry will worsen your symptoms.  Once I was diagnosed with IBS, I stopped worrying, and my symptoms improved.
    • Posted

Ask your doctor for a different anti spasmodic. You may need to try several.
    • Posted

I have tried peppermint tea but it does nothing for the pain and gives me heartburn.  Strangely enough, I have buscopan too and it works. Everyone is different.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.