Tibolone hrt tablets

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, have these made anyone gain weight? I'm about to try them but don't want anything adding to the menopause weight gain runaway train!!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I have put on about 1 kg , ​but in saying that I ​have not exercised properly and could do with an overhaul at 79 kg and 160 cm tall , ​I ​am back to gym when school resumes and have started walking. I ​found I ​had no choice to try the HRTas the other hot flushes and effects make life miserable

• Posted

Hi Shirley,

?I  put on half a stone, but lost it again when I cut down my food intake and stopped drinking alcohol. I also walk very quickly for 50 minutes every day, up and down steep hills.  I have been on Tibolone for 18 months and have had  polyps removed and my uterus scraped because it had thickened,  twice in 10 months. The surgeon thinks this was caused by the Tibolone, but he doesn't want me to stop taking it yet I am waiting for biopsy results and he

• Posted

Im starting a diet on Monday I like walking been out today and love cycling but weather at the moment not good also we not been in good health with one thing or another but will see what cutting down carbs and wine does on the next few weeks x
  • Posted

Good luck Shirley, stopping my glasses of wine was the most difficult, but I don't miss it now. I dread having to stop taking Tibolone because it stops me having irritable bladder and thinning skin, I could go back on the progesterone/estroegen HRT, but it gave me terrible pains in my breasts. Oh the fun of getting older!

• Posted

Normally I have one large and one small glass on a Saturday that's it for rest of week so I could stop altogether but I must admit I do like a glass to wind down on a Saturday at the moment tibolone is doing its job as such but my hot sweats have not completely gone I'm not to bad during the day it's when it reaches 9 pm my body seems to know that's when they start very odd I think but other symptoms have got better so it's a yoyo and it's better than having nothing I think

• Posted

Hi I have put on weight actually about 8 kgs. but I don't know if it is menopause or the pills? I don't think I have been eating more and I still do the same amount of exercise but our metabolisms do slow down I'm 54 yrs old.

• Posted

I wouldn't worry about one glass of wine, it's very good to unwind!  We do put on weight as we get older, so cutting our food intake, especially snacks, cakes etc, is vital. You can eat as much veg and fruit as you like and the more you exercise, using up calories, then the more you can eat of foods that are good for you. HRT does make you put on weight, I don't know why.

• Posted

Update on my citopram medication been taking it along side my tibolone and it's done a great job hot sweats have just about gone after 10 days so I'm a happy bunny x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.