7 weeks on fluoxetine about to give up

Posted , 3 users are following.

i cannot sleep feel so bad even propranolol not helping doctor just wants to increase tablets from 20 to 40mg side effects so bad so said no.to the.increase I wish I could just go to sleep like I did before this medication.  Sleeping pills are addictive so scared of taking them.  I don't know how I am going g to get through this evening let alone tomorrow.  I think the pills are not for me about to give up on them

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I take Zopiclone 7.5 mgs to sleep and I am usually terrified to take any meds. Life saver, this sleeping pill is for me. To not become addicted, I take Tylenol Night Time a couple of nights a week every few weeks. I gave up trying to take Fluoxetine because it caused horrible anxiety and made me feel disassociated. SSRI's just aren't for me.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply how long did you take the series and how did you stop them I am so scared of making myself worse
    • Posted

I tried three different brands for about a month each. I quit them all cold turkey because I'm not going to put myself through months of 'getting used' to something that may or may not work. Ativan helps with anxiety right away, so I prefer taking that when I need it. SSRI's are still pills, so if I have to take something, it's got to work sooner than later. And if I feel crappy, why put myself through that on the HOPES that I'm going to be feeling better? Just didn't make sense to me. 

• Posted

Oh, I also just learned that SSRI's deplete a hormone that makes us feel exhausted and depressed in the first place...that we need...I'll stick to an odd glass of wine or Ativan when I need to relax a bit. SSRI's are just to risky and mind fogging for me. That's just me though.

• Posted

Hi Lisa!  There's another discussion going and you'll see that so many of us were still struggling at 7 weeks!  I'm just over 9 weeks and I've had about 5 ok days but today not so great!  These meds take a really long time!  I also take propranolol although I don't think that helps much and feel that I have side effects from that too!  How you feeling now? Xxx

• Posted

Today has been better but I have a long way to go.  I am still shaky but seem to be thinking better.  Hoping for a better nights sleep.  Thank you for replying and five days straight feeling good is fantastic sorry today has not been as good for you.  Hope tomorrow is better.xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.