Blood in urine but tests clear

Posted , 4 users are following.

I went to the doctor for something else entirely but he did a urine test and deetected blood in my wee. He ordered blood tests which came back fine, so sign of infection in urine or bloods, no sign of kidney problems. Tested my urine a week later, still blood. Sent me for a Cytoscopy and Ultrasound, which was hellish, but everything showed up normal (thank God).

The thing is, I wee A LOT. Like sometimes I have to get up 3 times in the night. And I always need to go after intercourse. I can go up to 5 times between waking up and midday. And when I need to go, the urgency comes on so quickly. 

It's getting troublesome for work, for car journeys and all sorts. I never lose bladder control though.

Does anyone have any ideas what on eartch is going on?

Thanks

Minxy 

xx

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

and you are a young lady?
  • Posted

I am a 32 yo female, non smoker who has been blown off my doctors for 4 years. I have microscopic and gross hematuria. After 4 years I finally was referred to urology. He did a white light cystoscopy and an abdominal and pelvic ct, all negative. He told me that's the end of my work up and it's good news. When asked where the blood is coming from he said "I don't know" and suggested I go see my primary to see if it is coming from my vagina...it's not. I feel like I'm being blown off again. People don't just pee blood for no reason. I want to call him and tell him I want the same work up as a 50 yo male smoker. I am comforted to see other people have hematuria with no known cause though. At least there is other people out there.

• Posted

Hello, we seem to be in the same boat.I'm 39 years of age and this

recently happened to me two weeks ago.I noticed prior to that I was

going to pee more frequently than usual. I also noticed that peeing

early in the morning would cause me pain or alit of pressure. As soon

as I find out any results,I'll be sure to reply again. Try not to worry!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.