ABDOMINAL SWELLING AFTER SALPINGO-OOPHORECTOMY

Posted , 3 users are following.

I had a right salpingo-oophrectomy December 28 for potential right ovarian cancer (had left ovarian cancer in 1993).  They wanted to do a total hysterectomy, but I opted instead to FIRST only remove the right ovary/tube, run it  through pathology and go from there; which thank God, turned out to be NEGATIVE.  I don't really have any any pain at all, but find my abdomen is still bloated and swollen...  (I look like I'm 10 pounds heavier  lol)  Is this normal?? and have any of you experienced this.  Wondered how long it takes for the abdominal bloating/swelling to subside..  (Was already at my 1 week followup and told everything looks good). 

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I had a oephectomy and it takes a while. Easily 3 months. Xx

I had mine 3 years ago and I'm back in for another surgery in 2 weeks.

Hope this helps

Tanya

• Posted

Thanks Tanya.  I'm 5' and  only weigh 114, but look like I'm 3 months pregnant.  lol  So got a little concerned, but have no PAIN.  I'll be patient then, just was worried something as wrong.  I hope your surgery isn't for anything serious and hope and pray for everything to go well for you.... 

• Posted

Thanks Suzzie, my surgery at the moment is booked in for a hydrosalpinx and cysts on my only Ovary. I have been told I have endometriosis so I could have more complications. Until they do the surgery we don't know what they are doing.

It does take a for the swelling down.

Tanya

• Posted

Let me know how it goes.  It's always hard the not knowing, the waiting, etc.  I waited a week before finding out the pathology on my remaining ovary removed was negatie.  I'm 60 though, so obviously NOT going to be having kids at this point in my life life.  lol...  Hope and pray for good news for you and a speedy recovery

• Posted

Hi Suzie

im 3 days post op for ovarie and tube removal i had it done keyhole surgery but the pain is so bad . Anyone else had this im do swollen and sore

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.