THREE WEEKS ON MERT - HAD TO GET OFF

Posted , 7 users are following.

Even after three weeks on this dreadful drug I was nothing short of a zombie, and needed to get off it immediately - easy! no way. I've felt nothing but sick, nauseaus, dizzy with a constant cough and headache after going cold turkey. I had no idea that after such a short time on this drug that the withdrawal could be so terrible. Anybody else had similar symptoms after such a short time? How long do the effects last?

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Next
  • Posted

What dose were you on and how long have you been off.

All i can say is this drug has ruined any life i had. I may have had depression but i still managed to go out.

Ive tried twice in a year to get off and im only on about 12mg now and as soon as i go down to 7.5mg or off i end up in hospital.

So now ive been off work 4 months debilitating stomach pains pins and needles anxiety. Dont go out im 43 notmally active mum of 3 who with this drug feels like im in an aliens mind and body.

Horrible horrible drug. Ive been on ads but this drug should be banned im serious

• Posted

HI KELLY,8973,,,,,just a word of advice do not get to 7.5mg and STOP you will regret it ,,,try 7.5mg to 5mg to 3.75 then off over a couple of weeks,,,hope this helps and you feel better soon,,,,,,,,,bluesy
    • Posted

No o wont make that mostake did it in the summer felt fine for a couple of weeks then omg i eneded up being taken to hospital for a week so ill hence back on but ill take it tiny bits off tab every couple weeks this time but my depression is bad again but i think this is because im not very well and beem off work sooo long stick in. Unfortunatly for me this drug has given me all the rarer side effects and is causing more problems tham solving
    • Posted

Sorry for the tpyos. Predictive text and too fast fingers😂

• Posted

HI KELLY,,,so glad u are going to cut down slowly,,i hope u can find a medication that helps u better,,mirt do not suit everyone ,,it worked wonders for me,,,i still have sleep problems ,,,but i will solve this with help from dr,,,compared to what i was like 4 months ago i feel like a king..their is ALWAYS A LIGHT AT THE END OF THE TUNNELL,,,BEST WISHES hope u feel better soon ,,keep in touch,,,,,BLUESY
  • Posted

Ive aslo tried the take one night leave a night but the almost instant effect of insomia is insane
  • Posted

I was on 8 weeks, and I've had bad withdrawal too! I'm on day 7 now, and everything is finally looking better! I feel loads better today. How long have you been off?

• Posted

What dose were you on? I felt great the first few days i first tried to come off it was about 3 weeks later just when you think youre fine. It seems to be the way of this drug. I was on a tricylic for years and withdrawl was nothing like this. Yet doctors dont believe it has that effect
    • Posted

I was on 7.5 for 8 weeks. I thought it would do the same for me, but I had terrible withdrawal the first day. sad I'm hoping that I got it over early?

• Posted

I think today's the fifth day, and finally after a dreadful night of neasuea and itching, i'm only suffering with a dry but annoying cough today. i'm hoping that the worse is now behind me. The next problem i'm faced with is do i try Vanladex XL 75mg, or do I simply say after two other failures - enough is enough

• Posted

Hi Paul

Sorry for your suffering, 3 weeks & all this ugh ! .....  I sure hope it gets better QUICK.  

Mirt' contains a huge histamine block, when we stop suddenly the body is flooded with histamine and therefore the itching - try an over the counter anti histamine for as long as the itching lasts (non drowsy for day time).  

Read up on the Van' ~ typical of the doc to throw another one in straight away ~ is is for anx / depression / insomnia ??

Wishing you well.

• Posted

i've gone cold turkey, and so far i'm winning. the nasty side effects are dissipating giving me my life back again.

• Posted

I feel the same, Mirt is nasty as hell, if I hadn't seen the w/d's through it would of taken my life too, not feeling like your normal self is awful, it's made me so angry, I always feel like someone should be answerable for this, it's a total nightmare and mind bending, I've been 10 weeks free and only took it for about the same length of time, never again.

• Posted

Hiya, I was prescribed propranolol 40mg for my heart palpitations to try to ease my anxiety and Zopiclone again for a week because I was in a bit of a state at week 9/10, you just think it's getting better and it hits you, this has been the worst, I hope your doing ok.

• Posted

not at the moment, although my doc has perscribed Venladex XL 75mg instead. i'm unsure.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.