meal plan

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have recntly been discharged from an eating disorder unit and was not given a plan to follow. i am really struggling with this and was wodenring if any one has an example i could follow?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hello

im sorry I can't help with your question 

,apart from to say can't you go back through who you were referred to the unit by and ask them for a plan? Are the unit expecting you to follow what you were eating in there do you think? Or ask your doctor to help you out. 

My child is going into a unit for her anerexia very soon. Can you please tell me what to expect? I'm so scared for her. 

Thankyou 

• Posted

Im soory to hear that. It is ewally scary ar first but after a while she will get used to it. Im not going to lie it is hard but after a few weeks/months she will get used to it and hopefully the staff will help her.

You will be allowed to visit her and once she has regained some weight they will let her go for weekened leave and time out form the unit etc.

• Posted

Hiya.

Ok so I'm going off my daughters plan. I do however find it very odd how you've been discharged with no plan as we have to see an outreach team once a week which includes a dietician.

So morning she has cereal or two crumpets with jam on and a drink of juice. Mid morning is juice with a cereal bar such as a belvita soft bake or brunch bar. Dinner time is her packed lunch at school which consists of a bun with ham and beetroot in, a bag of crisps, an apple and a cereal bat such as a nutrigrain bar, or a couple of biscuits such as Jammie dodgers. Then, she has an afternoon snack which is usually a fresh juice and a muller corner yoghurt or a crunchie or half a scone and jam. Tea is a normal portion of whatever I cook, which tends to be something like spaghetti bolognaise, pasta with chicken and tomatoes, chicken stir fry or a roast dinner. Supper is then a bowl of cereal or two slices of toast with jam x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.