Unusual pain

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello,

I have had a cyst on my left ovary on and off for about 4 years now. I haven't had too much pain lately except for around ovulation time. Yesterday I was woken up by severe "period cramp" pain out of no where (not on my period or ovulation). As I went to the bathroom I was very dizzy. I went to get Advil and about a minute later the pain was completely gone. I felt fine throughout the day except very tired. Other than that I was fine! I don't think it ruptured otherwise I think I would have more pain. Could it have twisted? Or slowly leaked? Not sure if I should be concerned. I'd appreciate any feeback!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I wish I had the answer but i'm afraid I don't, didn't want to read and run. If it helps at all my cyst can cause me pain rating from a 4 - 8/10, I have no idea why it can increase or decrease in the pain threshold so I too am convinved it's to do with it moving or what it's attached too - Mostly mine is abdominal pain on the right side but some days I can feel a pain radiating down to my hip.

I hope you feel ok, have you seen anyone about this cyst?

• Posted

Hi Cait,

I am currently recovering from a ruptured ovarian cyst. SO PAINFUL! I decided to join this forum because while going though my pain it really helped ease my mind. If you are expeirencing pain I would recomend you see your Dr for an ultrasound just to be sure. I have also had a twisted cyst in the past and believe me when I tell you that pain does not disspaear a minute later. It landed me in the emergency room when it happened. If the pain is now gone you probably don't have much to worry about but definitely pay attention to it if it happens again and get it checked. 

• Posted

Hi lovely I had cysts for about 5 years inside my ovaries befor they were removed! Never ruptured or twisted only during surgery did on rupture! I had so much pain on and off sometimes constant for a good week or so then nothing or what I'd class as shooting niggling pains. See a doctor to get referred and scanned! Pain is tiring it wipes out I'm a year post op and back to square one! Seeing consultant and begging for something to be done xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.