Anyone on the AA which is given annually?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I started on the tablets but didn't like the rigmarole involved taking them. My rheumy doc suggested I take the equivalent drug by an infusion done annually. I had this about 4 months ago and all seems fine. But I have suddenly started getting itchiness which he thought could be a side effect of another drug I take for RA. Anyone on this annual drug?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

No, I would not take this. An annual dose would be more scary I suspect. I guess it is done now but maybe rethink it for next time?
    • Posted

I understand what you say. I am not sure if I will have it again next time round but not because I found it scary. I didn't feel good on the weekly tablets so this felt better for me. But generally I wonder if I want to take any more of this drug at all. I have mixed feelings.

• Posted

Do your research and make your decision based on full information and your own circumstances. Best of luck!
    • Posted

Thank you. I will look at k2. I am sometimes overwhelmed with all the foods I am told to stop eating and the supplements I should take that I have begun to close my mind to all the well meaning advice. I am vegetarian and eat as healthy a diet as I can.
    • Posted

Vitamin K2 is a good one because it puts the calcium onto the bones. It is overwhelming I agree with you.

You just do the best you can,

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.