pain after rectocele cystocele surgery

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am 11 day post op from rectocele cystocele surgery i also had a urthia sling ..my question is has anyone ever experienced pain below the belly button area like a sunburn or a stabbing pain...just really nervous about the mesh becoming torn or not working anyway just a shot in the dark.. I'm trusting in the Lord ... just wondering if I'm the only one to ever feel this way

3 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi kksmom, I had exactly same surgery with you 11 weeks ago.

At week 3, I had pain same place with yours in below the belly button and also worried about mesh.

I went to Emergency and waited for doctor all day. Finally gynocologist examed me internal and said everything was OK. She said pain around belly is quite normal and gave me strong pain killers. The pain has gone since then.

Hope it helps you kksmom.

• Posted

Yes it does tomoko41609...I feel some better this morning, I'm not sure if because I wore my belt too tight and rode to the store for a little bit . You made me feel so much more reassured I read your comment before I went to sleep last night. Thank you again for commenting !!!

• Posted

I don't know why ladies are nervous about the mesh. There's no reason why there will be any problems and nobody forces a patient to have any surgery they aren't happy with. In the U.K. that's why we sign a consent form.

• Posted

I'm not unhappy at all although I elected to have this surgery there really wasn't a choice since my insides were basically falling out... I've only ever been in the hospital for my child births.. and with all of the warnings by all my drs and nurses and paperwork that says if you rest properly you could end up back repairing again..and that's scary sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.