vaginal dialator

Posted , 6 users are following.

Recently diagnosed with LS. My vagina has partially closed due to all of the scarring. Doctor suggested that I might want to start using a vaginal dialator to try and open it up more.  Any one have experience with this?  What exactly do you do?  Doctor said we would talk about it at my next appointment in a few weeks.

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I bought some dilators online.  They come in different sizes.  The idea is to start off with the smallest and progress to the largest.  I found that by applying something like ky first, and taking it slowly I was able to progress to a good size.  They basically just stretch your lady parts thus enabling you to have intercourse if you so wish, and also of course, stopping that area from becoming closed.
    • Posted

Thanks Guppy007.  I think I will give it a try.  Hopefully it will help.
  • Posted

I just saw my gyno today and she is in complete agreement with using a dialator to stretch the vaginal opening. She has suggested coconut oil and Vitamin E. The "scaring" may be fusion where skin "melts" into itself.

Please find the discussion "an experiment with Borax" on this site. I would encourage you to start at the top and read all the way through, you will be very encouraged.. God bless

• Posted

Thanks Joanna,  I will find the article and read it carefully.  Its makes me squirm to think of all the scarring that takes place when the area becomes inflamed.  I am just thankful I was finally diagnosed after 10 years.  You would think family docs would be aware of this problem..  Thanks again.
  • Posted

Hi I have used a vaginal dialator and it has really helped. I got it through the specalist nurse  at the hospital.,  and she explained how to use it. It can be painful initially, but you gradually increase the size of the dialator. I used to do it everyday. Now I only need to use it once a week. The dialtor is plastic and you use some form of ointment to help, durex do one. The hospital gave me a more natural one called Sylk. Good luck with it.  
  • Posted

I have also been told to try a dialtor set. I have vaginismus and may also have LS and have found while the process isn't all that pleasant or comfortable, it is helping. I would suggest investing in a good set though. I originally bought a cheaper set and it made things worse (hard plastic and thick silicone). Now I have a set that is more body-friendly. 

• Posted

I guess its true you get what you pay for.  Thanks for that information. For sure dont want to make it worse by using a cheap product.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.