Sharp pains left side of head Worried!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all! I'm new to this group. I'm super worried. I already suffer from health anxiety and now been suffering from headaches. They are random electrical shocks that last seconds but scared as heck! I'm wondering if it comes from my neck or I'm afraid of the worse case scenario tumour! I'm afraid to go to my doctor as I'm convinced it will be bad news. Any advice would be appreciated

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Have you started any new meds ?
    • Posted

Hi. Not started new meds no. The only thing I can think of is possibly is maybe my pillows are too high? And I'm not taking clonazapam daily as I used to. It maybe every second or third day now as opposed to every day. I suffer from health anxiety to begin with

• Posted

When you say "random electrical shocks" do you mean like a brief and sudden spasming? Can you elaborate? It sounds very familiar to what I've been dealing with for years. How long do the actual headaches last? Short and sharp or long and dull?

• Posted

Hi there.

Theyre sharp not dull. Usually on the left side and lasts seconds. It's not steady as in all day they're spiratic

• Posted

Sounds like it could be nerve endings in your neck. How sharp is the shock on a scale of 10 (10 being unbearable)? I get spasms that shoot ip my neck and I to the side of my scalp. Pain is about a 6. Sporadic too. Worse when I sit at a computer for prolonged periods. Talk to your doctor though. Fearing the worst is common (I do it all the time). Your complaint might be an easier fix than you imagine.
    • Posted

Thanks I do plan on talking to her but always fearful of waiting for results. I'm Infront of a computer all day every day. Spiratic for me is getting them a couple days in a row maybe 2 or 3 a day. Then disappearing and coming back a few weeks later. Maybe even higher stress periods in my life. I will take closer not and will get the nerve to talk to my doc about it soon

• Posted

Oh and from one to 10 6 or 7 I would guess. Just scary as hell
  • Posted

I can sympathize. When it first started happening to me I was terrified. Took me a while to draw the connection that the spasms started when I started sitting at a computer for 9 hours a day. My sense is that it could be muscle/nerve related. Good luck in your pursuit for relief!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.