Diagnosed with IBS this morning

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with IBS this morning after feeling bloated, nausia, cramping, burning sensation and loose stools.l for some time. I have been given medication. But if anyone could give me advice on foods that could help (gluten free has been suggest)

Thankyou

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Dairy can also be an aggravator as well as complex fibres. Peach n apricot skins are the worst. I use a centrifugal juicer. Takes put complex fibres and leaves in easy to digest fibre.

Probiotics help. I find the wheat based liquid one the best but is expensive but worth it.

Stress can be a factor as well so techniques that help reduce stress - crochet, Knitting, ti-chi, yoga, mindfulness.

Gluten free can help but not always. Just depends on what aggravates your stomach.

Sue

• Posted

I'd recommend the Low FODMAP diet to identify any food triggers you might have. It worked for me. Mushrooms, onions are garlic, along with anything other than a small amount of gluten proved to be triggers for me, but everyone is different. That is why the Low FODMAP is so helpful. 

Jan

• Posted

Avoid sugar, prosessed food etc and take a good multistrain refrigerated probiotic supplement
  • Posted

I suffer Ibs and my diet is full of fruit and vegetables. I also eat bread, grains also Oats in the winter.

In my case I feel it is all caused by medications the irritate my tummy and bowel. Some say a bland diet can help you passing wind. Have a look on NHS CHOICES and see what is suggested.

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.