Sound like IBS

Posted , 3 users are following.

I am a 20 year old uni student, My symptoms started end of october when i finished freshers for uni , i was severley bloated and having pains for a week and was constipated that then suddenly disapeared and I have a BM movement every morning.

It starts off solid/formed and around 1.5-2inches diameter , then its followed by soft stool (not diaorea) that is really thin ? Other than that, that is my only BM i have in the day normally.

I have the occasional dull ache when im walking under my left rib cage that come and goes and can get sharp sudden pains where my sigmoid colon is .

I have had some mucus with blood inside a couple of times but that appears to have stopped

Freaking out i have bowel cancer

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

If you have passed dark coloured blood and the stool is black you need to have words with your GP. Personally I would suggest you talk to your GP and get checked over.

There are many different conditions that can cause your problems most are not related to Cancer, with your age semingly the chance you have cancer could be very remote, that is why I suggest you to talk to your GP

BOB

• Posted

OK thank you . i did notice a worm in my stool 4 weeks after i got back from south Africa back in sept? But that the only one worm i have seen in this whole time so i doubt that has anything to do with it
    • Posted

Here we would advise you to see your Family Doctor, especially if you have  passed a worm

Make that appointment

BOB

• Posted

I have seen her but she doesn't seem hugely concerned . she has sent a refferal through for a sigmoidoscopy just so i stop going to the docs and pestering apparently

• Posted

Have your Sigmyoidoscopy done and take something for your worms

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.