IBS-c.....or gall bladder?

Posted , 4 users are following.

been feeling real bad for a while.  Had pretty much every test known to man.  It started with nasuea about 30-45 minutes after eating.  I had a prior stomach surgury so I called the surgeons to see if it was related.  They think my gall bladder is bad but all of the testing shows it is good...maybe hyperactive but no stones.  They want to remove it.  I want to make sure it will fix me.  I went to a gastro doc who though maybe ibs and  gave me some ibguard (interic peppemint) and it seems to help if I take 2 half hour before eating, but eventually the nausea hits 2-3 hours later.  Any ideas or help?  sick of being sick

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

I had the exact thing in 2011-it really was miserable and I lost 22 pounds and was already thin. The nausea was the worst symptom but I also has pain, almost constantly in my upper left abdomen and back under my ribs. I has a myriad of tests as well and my Hida scan for gallbladder was slightly low so I agreed to have it removed. It was an easy operation but it did nothing to alleviate my symptoms. I had an endoscopy which showed gastritis and nausea is the number one symptom with gastritis. I took many meds which didn't help much. I finally got better after seeing a naturopath who worked with my doctor. I still have flare ups sometimes but am much better with no nausea.

• Posted

I would not jump into having my gallbladder removed.  Doctor wanted to take mine out too.  A HIDA scan is the gold standard and I would get that done.  A surgeon told me the surgery could help, I could feel worse or remain the same.  I still have my gallbladder.  I have seen many doctors and have had numerous tests done.  You might want to see a GI motility Doctor. Nausea is debilitating.  I have tried various things and some work better then others but we are all different.  You can try drinking ginger and honey.  You can try Zofran.  I take Tigan, which is an older drug.  I am also on Gabapentin but woukd like to wean off it.  Would not hurt to get a second opinion.  
  • Posted

Hi I'm not a doctor but if I had the choice again I wouldn't have my gallbladder removed if it wasn't a definite problem I had mine out 10 years ago and have had nothing but stomach problems since

• Posted

I am sorry to hear that.  That is why I mentioned it.  People/friends will tell you to get it out, you don't need it anyway.  I will hang on to mine, if I can. Have read lots about people having problem after removal.  I also know others that have had no issues.  Crap shoot

• Posted

If they want to take out the Gallbladder it is not a complicated Surgery, I had mine out a while ago and it was done with keyhole Surgery. When in on Sunday, was checked over on Monday and it was out by 5.00pm. Home for Lunchtime on the Tuesday, 

They push a camera, and operating knitting needles one in the side the other on the right hand centre of the gut, then push another needle, camera through the tummy button. Took mine out and lost the stones inside me so I had nothing to show for it all. Painful condition stones.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.