Bad muscle aches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hi I've recently been diagnosed with AF

and have been prescribed Bisoprolol 1.25mg twice a day .

My question is does anyone else get aching

muscles especially down my left arm and shoulder. I do suffer from anxiety at times and obviously find I'm a bit more paranoid than usual after my diagnosis. The aching can be quite bad at times . Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks ,Jim

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety can have 100s of physical side effects to our body, with pains, aches and other symptoms on 100s of random places.

Further, a drug is also causing changes in our body, like less blood flow in general and less oxygen and food reaching your organs (to slow down your heart and prevent arrhytmias), but that way your organs get less blood, they atrophy to some extent and your body is surely different than before these drugs.

Also, no3, bisoprolol is also influencing our central nervous system, adrenaline response, lots of brain's mechanisms and anxiety in general.

In theory, beta blockers should lower the anxiety and calm down our system, but a lot of people have reported the opposite effect where beta blockers have caused anxiety (which they never had before) or that Beta blockers made the original anxiety even worse.

So, currently your problems are most likely coming from your original anxiety, from less oxygen getting into your body, or from drugs messing with your central nervous system.

You can talk to your doc and ask for some drugs which will lower your anxiety, because if you'll be anxious all the time, you will lose your mind, youi will increase chances for panic attacks, tachycardias and new AF attacks. Good luck

• Posted

Muscle aches....all the time....two choices....take it or leave it.

I chose to leave them alone,  My decision... no one elses.

Suggest you seek Doctors advice.

• Posted

Hi

I did suffer aches and pains but I don't know if it was medication related. However since going on a half dose 1.25mg I have had very few pains in my feet and before my feet could be very sore.

• Posted

Just remember that arm and shoulder pain in your left side is a symptom of heart problems in some people (this is how I experience angina). So worth discussing with your doctor.
  • Posted

Thanks for all the feedback everyone,

It is much appreciated. I will certainly have a talk to my Dr about the symptoms even if it's to put my mind at rest .

Kind regards

Jim

• Posted

I have been on bisoprolol for over a year now for blood pressure following a stroke nearly 3 years ago. I too get a lot of pain down my left side and pain in my left ear/side of my head. If I go for a long walk I'm fine but I cant walk non stop for the rest of my life! A visit to the doc is overdue I think....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.