Fundal anterior fibroid is even bigger now

Posted , 5 users are following.

I'm so drained from all of this. I cannot wait to have this thing removed from my body.

My 8x7x7 fundal anterior (likely transmural) fibroid found in an ultrasound is now showing 1 month later in MRI as 9x9x8cm. I'm really hoping it didnt GROW that quickly, and that the MRI was just more accurate.

I'm having a robot assisted myomectomy on he 26th of this month.  I'm not sure what to expect afterwards.  I know I'll be going on "the pill" to regulate my outrageous hormones- but not even sure what pill.  My doctor is amazing so far and I'm very confident that he's going to get me through this just fine, but nothing can really stop me from overthinking everything.

Just venting.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello.

I had a successful myomecatomy a few years ago. I remember being very scared before the surgery but the doctors were amazing. Mine was extremely large - 18cm (I looked pregnant) so there was no question about having it removed. Major surgery was the only way to get it removed. I think all things considered, I recovered very well. I was only in hospital for a couple of days and although I was weak for a while after, the pain was manageable (although I do have a high pain threshold!) It did take a week or so before I could properly walk again though. The doctors made a big emphasis in discussions prior to he operation, that they would protect my fertility as much as possible. I am sure you will be in very good hands and they will do everything they can aswell. I know how you feel about just "wanting to get it out of your body".. unless you have one, I'm not sure people really understand the discomfort you feel from them physically and also how it makes you feel about yourself from an emotional side. I wish you all the best in your operation and a speedy recovery x

• Posted

Thank you for you reply!  Yesss the suspense is awful!! Your reply was encouraging though. I need the encouragement today. I'm stuck somewhere between stressed and relieved haha

• Posted

LizzieBe sorry if I asked you this before where was yours? Mine is in the lower posterior wall.
    • Posted

Hi

My very large fibroid that was removed a few years ago was a "pendunculated" fibroid - so one that grew on a stalk, and up out at the top of the womb wall, so it went up into my belly. The two I have now, I think are more buried within the wall of womb, "intramural" . They can't see my actual ovaries or endometrium on the scan due to the fibroids being present.. again, I think that's why they want to avoid surgery at the stage as they can't really see what's going on. Hopefully if they shrink, they will be able to assess more. 

• Posted

I'm no expert but I think the pendunculated ones are better to remove. Mine is intramural & like you one of my ovaries cannot be seen from the scan. I had another MRI with contrast dye today & I think an MRA (but they didnt 100% confirm they'd done that) So results will come in a couple of weeks. Then I'll know if there is any point in considering UFE as I've had a differing opinion professionally by 2 consultants on this!

• Posted

Hi, yes, my gynaecologist gave me the impression that the pendunculated ones are more straight forward to remove as they are on a stalk...this led on to her explaining why the ones I have now could cause more complications if removed. 

Keep me up to date with your progress x 

• Posted

Can you elaborate on that? PM would be great if you feel you don't want to put on the wall. xx

• Posted

Hello.

Well, I had surgery to remove a very large pendunculated fibroid a few years ago, so when I asked about having these removed they said that operating on me again might scare my womb further etc..which I guess in turn could potentially effect fertility... It hasn't been ruled out, but that's what they implied and that's why I'm now on esmya in the first instance to see if they will shrink. Other options to remove the fibroids haven't been discussed yet...hopefully they will shrink and then maybe they will be able to see more clearly whats best for me in the long term. x

• Posted

Hi,

I think this change in size could be because the measurements were done with two different methods. I have a 10 cm one tranmural one for which the US and the MRI (done two months a part) showed slightly different sizes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.