AS and matresses

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi, looking for a new mattress and a bit lost. I tried the "fancy" foam matresses and I get a numb sensation in my limbs and back, so I don't know if they hurt my spine or else. What do you sleep on? What kind of firmness would you recommend? I know that firm is considered better, but it hurts my body :-( thanks!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

AS articles I have read indicate that a firm mattress is best.  Also, sleep with a folded towel for a pillow or no pillow at all.  This keeps your neck in line with your spine.  Also read it is better to sleep flat on your back with legs extended.   I tried this and it works for me.   Good luck.
    • Posted

Thanks for the input. It seems that too firm hurts my body - not the spine but the nerves - body gets numb... Maybe it's an adjustment stage :-(

• Posted

Hi, I have found the firm ones are not good. I had one and now have a sponge overlay for the mattress..still not perfect but better. Also have a small soft pillow for my head and neck...I agree with the rolled up towel but this can crease and cause pain...so I opted for the tiny one which I can mold into my neck. Also have two other soft ones for my arms and a long one for my legs. Have to sleep at a 45 deg angle..can't sleep on my back. too painful. It takes a long time to find the right mattress and pillows,,,so just experiment for a while until you find comfort. Good luck...G

• Posted

Thanks Gloria! Thanks god that I am not alone on starting to move to softer matresses. Always had firm ones but now it seems to hurt the body (not the spine) :-( will have to keep looking I guess...
  • Posted

Very firm, memory foam. Made a huge difference for me, personally.
    • Posted

I tried memory foam, various firmness levels, and with the most firm or even the second firm I felt pressure all over the body and tingling sensation when I got up the mattresses and on the most firm the hands went numb, especially on hybrid ones. They cost between 4000$-5000$ here and there is no return policy so I really fear to spend so much and then find out that it's not working :-( thanks for the input, though!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.