Chronic Nausea

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello. I'm 16 years old and am in search for a cure to whatever is going on. I had a stomach virus about 5 years ago and I have never really felt the same since. I felt a little better for the next week after but ever since then I have been have chronic nausea. I have 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. I have had every single test done pretty much. Anywhere from a HIDA scan to a stomach emptying test. I have taken lots of PPIs and different stomach medicines to try to help but nothing has. I take stress and anxiety medicine too just go kinda help me calm down and get my mind off of it. I recently had my appendix and gallbladder taken out. It was basically in a last resort hope for something. My surgeon said there was calcification on my appendix and inflammation on my gallbladder. She said she believes this is the cause of whatever is going on. I want to believe that but it's been 2 weeks since the surgery and I don't feel better at all. If anything I'm starting to feel a little worse. If you guys have any suggestions or ideas please feel free to discuss. Thank you so much.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi,

I'm 18 and it sounds like we have a very similar issue. I'm having constant nausea and are beside myself trying to search for an answer. While I don't have any information to offer, hopefully you can take comfort in the fact that you aren't alone!

• Posted

Sorry for your discomfort. We have two brains. One in our head. And one in our gut. I'm sure you've had every test run. I have had the same pain for almost 4 years now. I get a flare up. Right side pain. Every test comes back negative. It's frustrating. Have you tried different teas? Different diet? I have some good days. But when they are bad. They are bad. Good luck.

• Posted

Sometimes stomach surgery can cause further irritation and lead to IBS.  Ask your doctor about this and cut out fatty, spicy foods.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.