Unable to take a deep breath, cant cach my breath all day. Lightheaded

Posted , 3 users are following.

This morning i woke up with a similar problem. i didnt notice anything at first but when i got out of bed and stood up i got very light headed and felt like i was going to pass out. This happens to me occasionally where if i stand to quickly, i come close to passing out but it is not very often.

So i got dressed and sat down at my computer and started getting a tight feeling in my chest. the best way i can describe it is that feeling you get when you need to or are about to yawn or take a full deep breath. So i tried to take a deep breath and i couldnt. my lungs stopped taking in air just before it would be a full breath. the feeling was for the most part constant all day. and i had to be very careful standing up as i would very easily get light headed and fuzzy. I was able to find some relief by conciously focusing on slowly breathing in as much as i can through my NOSE and hold it for a few seconds and then slowly exale through my mouth ALL THE WAY and hold that for a second or 2. It seemed to help but as soon as i stopped concentrating on that that "need to yawn" feeling would come back. a few times during the day I would start feeling a dull pain behind my left shoulder blade that would get worse and worse but after focusing on breathing it would subside.  Another concerning symptom that i had randomly through the day was numbness and tingling in my hands and feet. what was weird is that my pinky and ring finder and that entire side of just that hand was 100% numb, like i probably could have taken a hammer to it and not felt it, but the other hand and my feet where just asleep like if i were to sit on them for a while.

So now its the end of the day and i had short lived relief throughout the day. It seems to have subsided A LITTLE but it is definately concering when you constantly feel out of breath and unable to satisfy that need. I took a cool/warm shower and while in the shower i was completely fine, no issues. once i got out, within 10 minutes im back to constantly gasping for air. and another thing i experience throughout the day was a strange sensation on my forehead and going all the way around my head, it felt like i was wearing a headband.

I dont know what to do or think at this point. i am going to try meditation when i head to bed. Hoping it is gone tomorrow. this day has been aggravating as hell.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sorry your going through this the same symptoms has I've been having for the past month or so I have got type 2 diabetes which i thought was my cause of my problems had all test on bloods they came back fine and i am still getting the problem to this day has the doctors could not find a cause of my problems. I do have another appointment coming up on the 27th Jan will see if we can get somewhere with this one or some answers fingers crossed and will update soons I know more in the mean time hope you get to the bottom of it has what the cause is.

• Posted

Thankfully i feel 100 times better this morning. I do not get dizzy and lightheaded quite as easily and i am not feeling like i cant catch my breath constantly. I still get that feeling occasionally, i have been awake for about 4 hours and have only experienced those symptoms twice so far so we shall see how the day progresses. But yea its not fun at all man. Its not like its painful really, its just frightening when you feel like you cant breath or catch your breath.

Hope things get better for you. I cant imagine feeling like this for months

• Posted

I normally have high BP. It runs in my family. And i checked it last night and it was around 142/98 if i remember correctly.
    • Posted

Yea but i feel pretty much normal now but i will check it again when get home from work just to be safe.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.