Chest pain to head pain

Posted , 4 users are following.

A little over a month ago I re-pulled a muscle in my chest by incorectly liftng something heavy. I worked a general labour job and continued doing the job for another couple of weeks. Since the job involved constant lifting in pushing I assumed that I would be told to stop, DR insisted I kept working.The first couple of weeks the pain was unbarable but I found that workng out helped to one point when it didn't bother me anymore. 2 weeks ago the pain came back and they told me to not lift for 10 days and they gave me another set of pills to take. Overall the pills didn't help and me sitting at home made me think that I was having heart problems since the pain was on the left side. But Dr's kept assuring me that it was just muscle even when the left side of my head started to hurt right after the christmas holidays. I felt like I was developing anxiety in the process because I kept thinking somethig was gonna happen to me. I finally got ab x-ray on my chest last week and I'm still waiting for my results. But a few days ago my head starting hurting really bad. Mainly in the back and at times the top of my head. It hurts with movemement and it's scaring me and having me think that I'm gonna die because my uncle had his nefew die a few years back because his head was hurting and that's oveall freaking me out. I've noticed that when I'm completly focused on other things I feel almost normal again. But when I'm by myself and my mind can run free it freaks me out. Everyone thinks I'm stressing myself out but I can't help it even if I wanted to. Has anyone been in the same situation as me? I'm 24 btw and a girl if that helps.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It's hard not to stress especially when you are at home and have nothing to distract you like work. The headaches are likely a manifestation of your stress level. You might Google heart attacks so that you know what they really feel like. Chest pain is not the only symptom especially in a woman. In fact it is generally a pain in the jaw or in the back as an example and it comes with quite a bit of sickness. I hope you are able to conguer this feeling of dread and I'm hoping that the chest pain will finally stop hurting.

• Posted

Tinesha,

I totally understand! I have AS and it attacked the joints in my sternum! I did the exact same thing as you! When I was alone I was convinced I was having a heart attack! I went to the ER 4 times because I thought I was having a heart attack. It's very scary because you are convinced it's happening. During the day I felt fine but when I got home and settled down to watch TV on the couch it would start. It would be a dull pain in my chest that should have sharp and fast elevated pains that would come and go! It was also on the left side! They did EKG and blood tests and there was nothing wrong but I kept going back to the ER. I feel what you are going through.

I think you are fine and everything is going to be OK. However I am not a doctor.

If you are still worried you can always go to the ER and have them test you. They will put a machine on you that will check heart rythum and run some blood test. There is something in the blood stream that elevates when you are having a heart attack. If you check out OK then at least you will be able to sleep after that.

• Posted

So I got my xray results and they were normal. But because my head was still hurting me and my neck started to get really tight she gave me pills for my anxiety to calm me down. Within an hour of taking them and being fully distracted my head pain went away and I was able to sleep in peace. I'm aware now that everything is in my head and that it's up to me to stop it. But I know it'll take time cuz I had a bit of dark thinking today but choose to black it out. The head thing still really bothers me but me focusing on my usual routine again should get me in a good place.

• Posted

I am so relieved to hear that. I am sorry though that your stress is causing you physical pain. That really sucks. I've had it do that to me too. Stress has a funny way of doing things to our bodies. But it's good to know that the pills are helping that too. If you continue to stress over it you might want to go to a therapist a few times to help you settle down a little bit. I don't think you need to make a career out of seeing a therapist just a few times would probably be enough.

You take care of yourself and try to get that muscle cramping under control. Try using heat or ice on it. I've been told it doesn't matter which you use just whatever you feel most comfortable with. I deal with lower back pain so I see a lot of doctors and physical therapist about that so I know a thing or two about pain.

• Posted

My son was like you for two years back and fore to the doctor but he kept going. The last six months of that he was a regular patient up the hospital and they always said to him if u are worried don't worry about coming up they would rather check him out. They have since found out it is mainly anxiety attacks but they ever told him to not go up. He is on now has it broke him ad and his girlfriend up. He has now getting better. So if u are worried go to accident and emergency department.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.