Hope I can get out of bed now

Posted , 9 users are following.

I had my second d hip done on Monday and it's been a lot different this time around.The physio got me out of bed yesterday managed a few steps and had to get back into bed as I went really dizzy.I spent the rest of the day in bed but just had my catheter removed this morning so I will have to walk today. Hoping I feel better today and good luck to anyone waiting surgery and who has just had it x

2 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

hi dear Jill, 

Well, there you are ... a double hippie ...  

My surgeon told me to not compare the 2 THR surgeries to each other as they will be different ... but hey, like you, I, of course, did ... so different in so many different ways ... I though for sure that the 2nd one was more painful, but surgeon told me that I just had forgotten the first time ..

there will be many of these moments, Jill ...

I am sure that your blood pressure is being checked - I passed out on 3d day post--op cause BP dropped ...  

You are going to be okay ... do your best .. someone is there with you and one thing: it is so great to be able to get to the toilet by yourself ... but don't be too shy to ask for help okay ....  

Good luck today ... 

let us know how you are getting on okay .... love to hear from you

big warm hug

renee

• Posted

Just hot out of bed and been to the loo with help. NOr reeling too good today I cought my canular in the bathroom and looked as though someone had been murdered.Got the physio coming g back in half an hour to get me mobile independently. Feeling ok at the mo lying back on the bed.I remember from last time to take each day as it comes!
    • Posted

Oohh ouch jill painfull!good luck on your recovery and take care
    • Posted

checking in with you ... 

that is a big accomplishment already and you probably were taught how to move indepently ... 

your leg might feel as an alien appendix and not receiving  the signals to just walk already .... 

take your time ... 

• Posted

Hi Jill sorry you felt so drained but I'm sure in next few days you'll pick up , I find myself comparing but nurses said often completely different experience even if same anaesthetist , surgeon etc , I bet by Friday I if not before you'll feel much better , my pain is less this time round n I'm eating better but blood pressure low n might need blood , nurse said Prof told them it was tricky whatever that means I know it took longer n hammer was on overdrive ha

You'll turn the corner soon love , stay posative !

Warm Hugs sent to you 🌸🌹🌷

• Posted

Ouch ouch ,hurts sorry.. Good luck with recovery. I hope you

will feel better soon.

Hug Madla🌷🌹💗

• Posted

Best of luck Jill. Hang in there you know it takes time to heal
  • Posted

I had that after my initial hip operation, as Renee says, caused by low blood pressure.  The advice to me was to get my head down as low as I could and call for a nurse.    It happened two or three times, but I have been okay since.

See my website for common problems and tips, the address is in my personal info here ...

https://patient.info/forums/profiles/rocketman-sg6uk-907025

and at the bottom of the moderator's "useful resources" page at

https://patient.info/forums/discuss/thr-useful-resources-487147

Best wishes

Graham - 🚀💃

• Posted

You poor thing Jill. Hope you soon start to feel better. All the best x
  • Posted

Hope you are doing well. Take it slow .When you get up sit at the edge of the bed don't move ,just take a couple of deep breaths before you proceed.That should help with the dizziness.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.