Vulvar Biopsy Questions

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello everyone. I am new here and I hope I came to the right place with this question. I just recently had a biopsy done in office by my gynecologist as she thinks I may have Lichen Sclerosis.

Thankfully all went well with the biopsy but I won't have my results back until 2 weeks. Fingers crossed it isn't what she suspects. I have whitening of the vulva and some itching but nothing terrible.. My symptoms have been improving thankfully after getting out of a stressful home environment.

My question is, did any of you use triple antibiotic cream on the area of your biopsy for treatment and healing purposes? I've been soaking in magnesium sulfate for 20 minutes a day for the past 2 days and I applied the antibiotic cream last night. I'm concerned that using this could be dangerous as I know open wounds need oxygen to heal? And I'm concerned if it travels upward could it cause a UTI?

I'm very concerned. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi

i had a biopsy two days before xmas still waiting for results three weeks tomorrow, I got told not to put anything on the wound for at least a week as bacteria can get sealed in with oily products.  I put clob on other bits that weren't near the two wounds.  Hope you continue to improve, stress does mad things to us.

• Posted

Thank you. I only used the antibiotic cream for the first 2 nights. I have stopped now.

I'm just so nervous with it being inclosed all of the time and staying moist. Did you notice that with yours at all? Sorry if tmi just really nervous and freaking myself out a little.

Hope your results come back positive!

• Posted

Hi,

I had a Vulva biopsy last Thursday, advised to use Aquis cream for washing, and to use nothing else, healing up nicely. I also use pure coconut oil to form a barrier also to keep moist.

I get my results in 2 weeks.

Never use anything perfumed!

Kind Regards

• Posted

That's great you're healing up nicely! I hope your results come back positive. I definitely won't be using anything perfumed.

I'm still very concerned with mine being inclosed. It seems as though it's always moist. Did you notice yours to be that way? Sorry if tmi.

• Posted

I'm doe to have an op down there and was told not to use steriod ointment or cream for a couple of weeks before and at leat a couple of weeks after as it will inhibit healing.......

xx

• Posted

My gynie prescribed antibiotic cream. I did use it however it did get a little infected but I live in the Middle East where it's almost impossible to keep the area dry due to the heat

• Posted

I use blow dryer on low setting 12 inches away from my skin after showers. I also sit in reclining chair with my legs open wide while watching tv or reading. It's not very lady like but helps to keep dry. You can also set a fan in front of you while sitting in the chair. Both will help keep you dry.

• Posted

I agree no pants after shower or bath is good and patting dry as well but I don't know what my family would think me sitting like this, the expression on their faces would be priceless

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.