first post seeking advice

Posted , 4 users are following.

When I lay down my legs just ache.   I want to stretch them to make the pain stop.  When I do finally fall asleep I spend hours kicking.  It doesn't wake me up, but my other half spends many nights on the sofa.  I've tried Riprinole, but it didn't do much.  Cataphlam (for arthritis) actually helped for a time.    I suffer from neuropathy, I've been on gabapentin, topimax, cataphlam, tizanidine and norco.   I also suffer from leg cramps.  Are these the symptoms of RLS?  I've been thinking lately that compression stockings might help.  Has anyone tried them?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I have the leg Periodic Leg Movements is related to the RLS. I get PLM which does wake me, I get woken. What I find gets me back to sleep, is to run my cold water tap until real cold, and place my foot in it, then bend my leg lift and put my knee in it too. I splash the cold water all over my leg. Dry it and can get straight back to sleep, my husband not disturbed carries on asleep. I think it is a nerve problem.
  • Posted

Id say yes but im no doc. I know my feet can't cope so painkillers are a must but the legs burning and muscle pains is undiagnosed technically but i am using preagablin and i can now sleep so i am more in control.

Although Im a bit worried about the tablets l39ng term.

How was ur nuropathy diagnosed? I had lots of tests and psssed functionality but think rls is realted to an over active nerve signal issue.

Good luck,

Steve

• Posted

The aches are often to bad for me to sleep so I take codiene for the pain. I tried compression socks a while ago but found no benefit. I am still trying to find my ideal dose of Ropinirol although I am comfortable at the moment. I used to use cold water spray on my calves before I turned to medication. My RLS is less severe than most of the members of this forum

good luck

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.