Steroid injection into wrist

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

I had an x ray guided steroid injection into my left wrist 6 days ok and if anything it feels worse than before I had it done is this usual?? Is there anyway I can ease the pain, heat or cold? Any help would be really appreciated. Thank you in advance

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Ive had both wrists done for Quervaines. I never had this i wore a supporting splint and pretty much carried on as before. I think it worked too as to date i have no more problems with it(but kids now walk too :-)

Call your doc but id suggest RICE tgen start slow

Steve

• Posted

Thanks Steve,

I've been to the docs and he's said it could be a steroid flare and will hopefully take affect in a week. Fingers crossed

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.