Floating feeling?

Posted , 10 users are following.

Anyone have a floating feeling? It's as if my body feels very light and floaty and so does my head.

I almost feel as if I'm "out of it". Just real confused weird feeling. And my ears are ringing. I can really feel it when I close my eyes.

Anyone?? Or am I alone w this

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Yes i get that too. Get all sorts of other feelings too. sinking, nauseous. Breathless, the list  goes on!  It can be different die to all,kinds of things.  If you have a cold, or,headache, or some other ill illness going on. It 

even differs with barometric pressure, ie the weather.  The ringing is Tinnitus. All connected with the Vestibular System.

the confused feeling, i think, comes from the fact we are 'operating' with a system that is out of Sync. Our brain is constantly having to readjust, but not on automatic, but manual! One of the reasons i feel that we get so tired. 

ARe you on any treatment,or physio etc?

• Posted

Yes!! Omgoodness Yes to all of those! 

The he weather is always changing from cold to hot and vise Versace here so I'm not surprised about that either. This floating feeling tho bout had me at my wits end. And still does. I took a nap and it helped a tiny bit. 

Yes es the confusion comes from not being able to think clearly, is my guess. Like I just feel like I'm not real or whatever I'm reading isn't real.msuch a weird feeling,

and yes  the tinnitus isn't helping either! I was dx with Menieres and BPPV but geez louise some days this just gets unbearable.

• Posted

versa* lol not Versace.
  • Posted

Yes, yes, and yes! Sensory overload, stores, noises, crowds. Definite a trigger that starts those feelings.
    • Posted

yes!! Me too!! But today I just woke up like this. From the morning I stepped out of bed was floating feeling. So scary. I hate it.
    • Posted

I have been getting that feeling as well. I was initially told I had MS.. after tons of neurological testing that was ruled out. I had a neuro ophthalmologist apt today for my nystagmus--- she suspects Ménière's. I am so fearful to never feel normal again :-(

• Posted

Hi i also feel uneasy in crowds noises grocery stores
    • Posted

I was suspected to have MS as well but I have no lesions on brain or spine. No spinal tap either as there was probably no use.

I was actually diagnosed with Ménière's disease and BPPV so I was wondering if this feeling was part of that or something more neurological.

• Posted

Its all connected to the vestibular system . Thats why we get these symptoms. Dont worry hopefully it will get better
    • Posted

The crowds and busy places etc sounds like PPPD very commen with a vestibular disorder
  • Posted

I used to feel sometime back when i closed my eyes. Now i am better.
  • Edited

All of the symptoms you list, for the last 3 1/2 months now 😫

On anxiety medication too now, and over the last month I have also had muscle twitching, a lot (fasciculations).

I am scheduled for a Labyrinthectomy in March if it doesn't clear as my hearing in the left ear is almost gone and I have had these symptoms before.

I have a physicians appointment on the 26th January because I want another opinion as its a big op to go through. Just need to be sure it's the ear before committing. THIS TRULY IS THE MOST DIFFICULT TOME IN MY 41 years.

Terrified 😞

• Posted

Hello how are you now? you are not alone in this. Im also. i have a disc problem. might be that's the reason for me.

• Posted

Hey! I just replied to your other post as well! I have this exact same feeling and have felt it everyday for the past five months. It's awful and so scary because it's almost impossible to describe to any doctor. I feel like I have this persistent brain fog, like it's impossible to think and concentrate. There's this horrible haziness and disorientation. I feel like there's a dark blanket in my mind cloudy and my thoughts and making my head feel heavy with pressure. I feel removed from the world like everything's just a blur and life is just going by. I'm so out of it and can barely think and have horrible memory now.

Is this kind of how you feel? It's been happening slog either dizziness, lightheadedness, ear fullness. Ears ringing, severe headaches and eye pain, nimbleness in my head, and fatigue. I wish you the best!

• Posted

You're not alone. I've had a floaty feeling for years. I would be lying down and it was if my body was falling forward...or even out of my body feeling.

About five years ago I ended up in the ER. Dizzy and diagnosed with BPPV.

I'm now experiencing unusual symptoms including balance problems, confusion, body seating and bobbing feeling like on I'm on a boat. I've looked at MDDS. You may want to compare your symptoms and see if anything is parallel to what you're experiencing.

I've been to many doctors myself including ENT,PT, neurologist, chiropractor. I'm anxious and stressed lol.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.