What helps with the pain?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi all, I've been suffering from constant upper abdominal pain for the last 8 months. So far my condition is undiagnosed, but a lot of my symptoms point towards a pancreatic problem.

I was wondering what you people are doing that helps with the pain? So far I'm taking amitriptyline, gabapentin, a probiotic, vitamin b12, and Creon (50,000 units with each meal). I also use a heating pad, and find hot showers help a little.

Any suggestions or ideas to bring up at my next doctor's appointment would be appreciated!

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Heat pads and baths are good, also yoga, breathing excercises and meditation. Anything that focuses your attention also helps (distraction therapy). I have idiopathic cp and don't want to rely on painkillers as their long term use is worse than the disease! I've found sticking rigidly to a very low fat diet, drinking plenty of water and absolutely NO alcohol really helps too. I guess it depends on your pain threshold but I will try anything before taking drugs. I don't take enzymes either.

• Posted

Find a good Chinese doctor and take some acupuncture treatment.

it helped me, my doctor hasn't known why my lipase was high. Ultrasound of abdomen and MRI without any abnormalities, many blood tests. Oriental medicine diagnoses based on your tongue and pulse. 

I'm happy to resolved my health issue.

It might helps you as well. 

Good luck. Danuta

• Posted

Thanks for the advice, holistic methods might be good, as conventional treatments haven't worked so far.

• Posted

Try it, the most important to find a good acupuncturist, in my opinion Chinese doctors are very good in diagnosing and treatments.

Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.