Adhesions after TAH BAO

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi

I had tah Baotou July 2015 then had to go back in march 2016 for open surgery again as mass adhesions I am having horrendous pains again and bled last week but the pain is 24/7. I had my blood results yesterday one was fine but receptionist said the other has been sent to my gynecologist, I have an appointment tomorrow to see what's going on x I am so frustrated and a little worried as advised even though no womb or ovaries I can still get ovarian cancer?? I believe it's just the adhesions but left side feels stuck as pain worse when I move xx any advice would be great xx 😘

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Without uterus or ovaries...it sounds like you have a lot of scar tissue on your organs.  Did you ever get diagnosed with endometriosis?  I have endometriosis and what it does is the endometrii attach to other organs creating a lot of pain as it becomes scar tissue.  Normally the organs are supple and wet, allowing them to slide and accomodate your movements.  (ie: raising your arm, bending, walking, jogging etc.).  But scar tissue is rough, like sand paper, and the scar tissue catches when you move.  Think of it like weak velcro when scar tissue meets scar tissue.  The organs will hitch together temporarily, causing extreme pain.  

As with any pain, there can be things we eat or do that will aggrivate or trigger it.  Caffiene and alcohal are the most common to do this.  Reduce consumption of these and see what happens.  I learned about all the triggers to my endo and fibroids on my own.  Never had any help from doctors letting me know what will make it worse or better for me.  By the time they got around to telling me I already knew about it.

• Posted

Hi Diana

Thank you for replying x I was advised that I had some endometriosis after my hysterectomy I was re admitted in the December due to pain 2015 but he could not get in so I went back in March 2016 when they opened me up I was told mass adhesions where my bowel was stuck to my tummy wall and other organs stuck after this I did what was told to massage my tummy to prevent them coming back plus also healthy eating xx I have been eating over Christmas but still lost weight? I am sitting with hot water bottle to help ease the pain x will see tomorrow see what happens xx 😘

• Posted

Okay.  With endometriosis our hormones play a big part of the pain.  Estrogen feeds endo and attributes for pain.  We actually carry estrogen in our fat cells.  I was 197 lbs when I was diagnosed.  Dropped down to 140 lbs through diet and excercise.  Cut out caffiene, alcohal, chocolate and the pain slowed up.  I also had surgery to remove as much endo as they could find in my body cavity and on organs.  It was on my bowels, bladder and body cavity.  The pain is absolutely debilitating for some of us.  It certainly was for me.  Yet some women don't even know they have it.  Check under the endometriosis forum to see if any women there have had a full hysterectomy and still have pain from endo.  There is also the Hystersister's site too.  Research as much as you can.  Your not alone. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.