Anyone experiencing Tinnitus

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with Cervical Spondylosis. Like many of you my Doc was treating for tension headaches. But, they thought I had residual headaches from otc ibuprofin, excedrin types. So, they 86d those and prescribed amytriptiline and Naproxin. I now have excruciating tinnitus. I can't believe no one else can hear these constant high pitched noises. Did any of you develop Tennitis? If so how have you managed it?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

🙋 Hi there Primetime,funny you mentioned tinnitus I hadn't put together with cervical spondylitis as I get it now and again but only when I get a bad neck and or headaches,in my case I think its something I have to live with as the vertebrae in my neck have fused together on there own and there is nothing surgeons can do now,I now happily live on 2 paracetamol and 2 tramadol at the same time if it gets too bad.

• Posted

I have tinnitus in both ears and severe temporal headaches nothing seems to take the head pain away x
  • Posted

Hi Primetime

I have CS aswell as migraines, the CS diagnosed about 10 years ago, the migraines most of my 49 years.

I have taken eletriptan as pain relief for the migraines for about 5 years and I started with tinnitis about a year later, when I read the list of side affects it does mention it, so I presume that is where it has come from.

I have it in both ears, worse in the right and to be honest it doesn't bother me THAT much.  Even though it can be very loud in the right ear I tune my brain not to listen to it, it's taken a while but it does work, because if you DO tune into it, you will go mad.  What makes it worse is I use ear plugs of a night because my husband snores, so they seem to accentuate the noise, but luckily I sleep well and it doesn't take me long to drop off.

You literally have to re-tune your brain, because you have to accept there is no cure and you have to live with it.

Hope this helps

• Posted

I have CS and tinnitus but no migraines. My tinnitus was caused by three years working in the engineroom on Navy ships, not related to CLL.
  • Posted

Hi Primetime,

Sorry you are new to this condition and learning about all the associated problems. My NS asked me if I had tinnitus when my CS was being diagnosed. 

I do have it in both ears - or rather somewhere inside my head. It is a high pitched whine, like radio interference. I can tune it our during the day when there are other noises to over ride it. When I go to bed and it is quiet, the noise can seem deafening. I used to play low music at night, but aquiring a husband put a stop to that! I have heard of others using a white noise machine. Now I am just reconciled to it - no headaches though, so I can ignore it - and avoid alcohol which makes it worse.

Hope you get some techniques that work for you!

Carol

• Posted

I also suffer from constant tinnitus as well as constant pain, dizziness and headaches from the bulging discs in my neck. Life is so miserable at the moment due to the pain.
    • Posted

hi janie I am the same the headaches are wearing me out just cant get rid of them at all.I am like you iits making me feel so miserable

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.