Change from Trazadone to Duloxotine

Posted , 3 users are following.

I've been on Trazadone for anxiety for about 4 months but, despite trying a higher dose, it's not working for me and interfering with my sleep. I've changed to Duloxotine and been on it for about 3 days. I feel awful. Spaced out, nauseous, short of breath, so I feel I want to stop everything. I feel I have already gone through withdrawal symptoms from the Trazadone - been ill all week so I'm wondering what will happen if I just stop taking the Duloxotine after 3 days. I have a 2 weeks supply of zopliclone to cushion the blow. The doseage of Trazadone was 50mg and Duloxotine was 30mg. Any advice?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Knowing what I know about Duloxetine, if I had my time over again, I would never have taken it...... I would stop taking it, maybe you'll need to taper off slowly, may I suggest you join Cymbalta Hurts Worse, admin will advise you how to come off it safely x

• Posted

I've been taking 50mg twice daily for over 7 years...... coming of Duloxetine is dreadful, please take advice from those who can help you

• Posted

I started tapering feb 2016 I'm now on 38mg twice a day from 50mg twice a day, it will take years to come off it completely..... the worry is the horrendous side effects and protracted withdrawal..... research coming off Duloxetine/Cymbalta and make informed choices...... I wish I had. Good luck ?

• Posted

I have i took it for only 5 days gave me this crazy skin burning sensation i didn't like that to much so i quit taking after that time plus im scared of it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.