Never Again - FS

Posted , 3 users are following.

HI Everyone, Hope you remember the title, so thought I would update you.  Just before the end of last year I had guided injections into my shoulder and then a manipulation followed, all done under a local. As I mentioned it seemed barbaric. So here I am a few months on and I can say the pain in the arm has reduced. I still cannot sleep on it and if I put any pressure on the arm as in pushing myself up from a sofa or chair then the pain rips through the shoulder at the joint. Putting the arm behind my back I can now raise it to waist height still nowwhere near the right arm. I am now heading back to the consultant to see what further can be done. I lost my job due to not being able to perfrom my duties with my right shoulder so before I find employment again I need the left shoulder sorted.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi

Really sorry for the job loss, it's not good but I understand why as I lost my job February last year down to mobility issues so frozen shoulder was another blow.

Cut a long story short, 5 cortisone injections in both shoulders, no relief. I had one episode of physio and he wouldn't do anything as my pain was too high, second appointment booked, I had a brain haemorrhage 3/11/16 so couldn't attend. January 2 days ago physio very gentle and told they have to be careful due to brain haemorrhage as I didn't have an anurysm so no cause found, unfortunately it could happen again!! I'm basically stuck like this, both shoulders can't dress wash or dry myself

• Posted

HI,

​Mu job loss was because I was unable to type, being a secretary and not being able to get the arm up to the keyboard they got shot of me Dec 2015. I am very sorry to hear about your health problems. A brain haemorrhage blows a frozen shoulder into significance. I am surprised they still did physio as they have not given a cause to your brain haemorrhage. I asume they did scans and everything. Shoulders do eventually thaw so hang onto that. My right shoulder took 3 years after loads of corisone guided injections, Arthroscopic Capsular release, followed by an MUA, followed by Arthroscopic Capsular release revsion. Lots of physio too and hydrotherapy in the mix. I do hope this gives you hope that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I know it is not easy and I still have reminders that the right shoulder went thorugh hell. Still get occassional twinges. Hang in there and best wishes.

• Posted

Really sorry to hear about your losing your job- what a cruel blow on top of all your pain and discomfort. I hope you find someone to help you regain more ROM. I seem to have plateaued. I had much improved ROM after I had hydrolization which has stayed the same but no further improvement. I've had a good talk with myself and admitted I've taken the pedal off my exercises lately, so am going to try to increase the frequency of them and see how things go! At my last consultation at the hospital they confirmed what I suspected, I have a trapped ulnar nerve which is causing pins and needles in my hand and a stiff finger. They are hoping this will resolve itself as the feeling is that another operation is likely to flare up problems again. The thoughts of being put back at the beginning is daunting so I'm hoping for some luck. Hope you manage to see someone to set you on a healing path.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.