Zopiclone light at end of tunnel

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've been on zopiclone for 13 years and they have had a severe impact on my life.  Thinking of then and wondering if I have enough and even buying from online sites.  Doctor wasn't to interested in supporting me coming off them.

Anyway ran out 5 nights ago and I thought here we go again shaking out of sleep etc.  I took to herbal tablet well known brand.  I have taken 2 per night for 5 days and have had no withdrawal symptoms whatsoever.

im assuming the herbal one is not addictive, although waiting for a cal, from my doctor today.  This is a huge weight of my shoulders and I hope that for some reason I've missed the withdrawal symptoms that I have had on many occasions.

any thoughts ??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi There,

I also have been on Zopiclone for a long long time. I have similar problems to yours. I think Zopiclone is much much easier to come off from than other benzodiazepines so you might have been lucky with the withdrawal symptoms as well.   What is the herbal pills you take?

• Posted

Nytol herbal.  I feel better than I have in years.  Previously I have ran out of zopiclone and I have been a mess could not function.  If this is the side effects over I'm lucky.  I read people have bad withdrawals for years.  Could be o es I bought online for couple of years were fake !  So only really taking 2 prescribed from doctor.  Waiting on call from doctor and considering stopping them 

• Posted

I don't understand.  What do you mean by the herbal tablet.

• Posted

Nytol Herbal.  Over the counter can be purchased in most shops.  Another night of ok sleep.
  • Posted

Congratulations! I am in a very similar position to the one you were in and I am now more motivated than ever to stop the zopiclone as like yourself I am always worrying that I have enough and have bought them online for years.

Due to the fact that I have never had to increase my dose many people have said to me that they can't be doing anything for me and that it's just a placebo affect. Maybe this is the same with you and explains why you have had minimal withdrawal symptoms. I would definately say if you were gonna get withdrawal symptoms you would have had them by now. And I'd they were fake tabs that would certainly explain why.

Regardless, congrats again. I'm hoping soon I will be in your position and zopi free smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.