just diagnosed

Posted , 3 users are following.

I was just diagnosed yesterday with fibromyalgia. My symptoms started about four months ago and are slowly getting worse. I do not sleep at night I got muscle cramping and pain everywhere. I go for a sleep study next week. So the doctor told me you'll see me back in 2 months and we'll discuss what we're going to do from there she wanted me to get the sleep study, now I'm frustrated and wished I would have said something how am I supposed to wait 2 months with the paint on them does anybody have an opinion on what I should do?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh my Marcy, I've been living with this illness with your symptoms and more for 7 years and to be frankly honest it's horrible, I don't sleep, I now can't work, I'm constantly at the doctors or the hospital with all the complications that come with this. I'm sorry I can't be more positive because honestly it is so hard to live with this. On the other hand you can get good days or a few days at a time where you can cope, I find being on here helps, people understand and we can give each other tips on how to cope. I'm sorry it's all doom and gloom but I wish I was told the truth on what to expect when diagnosed then I wouldn't be so depressed about life with this disease. 😞

• Posted

2 months is a long time to wait when your first diagnosed. I am undiagnosed after 2 .5 years. It could be Fibro they are not sure. I have had many blood tests done to try and figure out what I have or to rule out other diseases. I hope your doctor has done this. Also try getting a refferal to a rheumatologist. If you look on the internet there are drugs for fibromyalgia and they do work for some people. Your Gp could prescribe them. If you would like to try them call your Gp make an appointment and tell him which one you want. Sometimes being forceful can help. I look back over the last 2 years and I think the first year was what I call OMG mode. Its really scary but over time it gets easier.

Good luck and God bless

• Posted

I have had all the blood work done and eliminated everything else. And I actually did go to a rheumatologist that is who was making me wait 2 more months. I'm going to go for a sleep test they have me scheduled for and that is next week. If I do not get answers after that with what we're going to do I am going to have to be forceful. Thank you for the advice.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.