Can anyone give some insight?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi there.

I'm a 20 year old female living in Australia.

For the past 6 months I've had chronic colicky type pain in my abdomen that spreads. I also feel some large lumps in my abdomen where the pain is.

I've had a CT scan in September that showed nothing and an internal ultrasound that showed nothing.

I've had lots of pathology tests done and the only remarkable things are slightly above normal CRP levels that don't go down, extremely high insulin, high platelets, low Vitamin D and high dopamine (24 hour urine).

I'm in the process of waiting for another 24 hour urine result back as my doctor thinks I have a pheochromocytoma due to the high dopamine (at least 1000 nmol over than normal, can't remember exact amount)

My whole life (it seems) I've had on and off tummy pain but my most recent additional symptoms than abdominal pain are as follows: tachycardia, nausea, constipation/diarrhea, profuse sweating, headaches, randomly high BP, extreme fatigue (some days I can't even stay awake), not eating until the night time because not hungry, increased anxiety and increased depression, hot flushes.

Is anyone gone through the same thing? Is it even possible for me to have a pheochromocytoma if ct scan showed nothing 5 months ago?

I also have a history (since first surgery at 16) having having low oxygen saturation levels (lowest 88) after having anasthetic, tachycardia and high BP whilst under in all 3 of my surgeries (appendectomy, wisdom teeth removal and endoscopy/colonoscopy).

Thank you, I'm going out of my mind living like this!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Oh, I forgot to add, I've also been experiencing unexplainable chest pain for nearly 2 years now and when I get hot flushes/sweaty I feel like I'm going to faint.

• Posted

I really don't know because it all sounds so complicated but I use Wild Yam (herb) for hot flushes. Have you thought of seeing a Naturopath?

• Posted

Hi I'm Tracy , sorry to not be much help but I have experienced some of your simptoms , but I wouldn't know where to start to be of any help I have been diagnosed with Addison's since end of October 2016 and I am still learning about it all . There are lovely people on this site who can help and make you feel less alone while your trying to find out what is going on . I just wanted to say hi and if it is adrenal issues try not to stress so much ( easier said than done ) take care hope you get answers soon 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.