Increase of vertigo

Posted , 4 users are following.

In the last few days i noticed that i have an increase of vertigo/nausea, want to throw up and upset stomach. My eyes cant focus. I use stemetil for this but sometimes the vertigo goes on. 

I have been a meniere patient for the last 10 years

WHat can i do for this

does anyone know 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

There is a new non drowsy Dramamme chewable that doesn't make me sick to my stomach and helps with that dizzy feeling. I keep it on hand all the time just incase. When I use to start feeling like you are describing I would be down for a day or more. Of coarse stick to no caffine, low salt and a diurectic. Hope you pull through quickly.

• Posted

Dear Marioscy,

I'm sorry to hear that you're feeling an increase in your vertigo/nausea — for me, there's nothing worse!!  Have there been any obvious changes, like  drastic changes in barometric pressure/weather, increased sodium intake, or unusual physical exertion, that might have triggered your symptoms? (Have you noticed any changes in your hearing or tinnitus?)    If there's nothing you can think of, it might be a good idea to see your ENT.  Meniere's is a progressive disease.  Even after 10 years, there's a potential for ramped up symptoms.  Perhaps your med doses need to be adjusted, or maybe there are new ones that might help.  If you're not already on diuretics, perhaps that's a possibility.  It never hurts to consult with your ENT, if you're experiencing changes.  After such a long time of dealing with it, my feeling is that no one should have to live with vertigo!  

I wish you only the very best!

J-

• Posted

I stopped taking salt (where i can control it). What do u mean barometric pressure. Latly is colder here and the last 7 months i moved to a higher altitute where my new house is, and my work is down town.ni have a meeting with ent in 2 weeks. Lets hope he will give me something or solution
    • Posted

Barometric pressure is air pressure — It changes with the weather and with altitude.  It can have an impact on the fluid in your ears, and trigger symptoms of MD.

I hope you have a successful meeting with your ENT.  Best of luck...

J-

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.