Just rambling

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi all,

Hope you are all coping well and managing as best you can.

I sometimes write on here (quite irregularly) just to write about what im thinking and get it off my chest. At the moment things are pretty good. I have been sleeping without alcohol for the past week, been productive at work, been to the gym, took my first trip abroad (Norway, lovely) etc. I write because although its something i have known for a while it seems to weigh heavy on mme recently. I have no friends!

Over the years my problem (and it still is a problem although at times i have it under control), or due to my general personality (i hope not) has meant that i have lost girlfriends and friends and workmates regularly. it's my fault as i can be argumentative, embarrasing etc when drunk (not always), but still it hurts when people who act like friends don't invite you places they are going.

Extremely lonely at the moment and am drinking tonight alone again. Sometimes when i feel strong I i don't care about what others think. I know I'm a nice person but sometimes i don't fit into the caucasian middle class millenial box that people around me seem to be in. But it does hurt when people shun you. Over the years i have been disinvited to weddings, funerals and any other gathering you can imagine, as i might get drunk and say the wong thing/fall asleep. 

Anyway just rambling. People can do one if they can't see what we have to offer. More fool them x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I have been sober now for a few years my partner drinks but none of my friends stayed in touch I miss the fun but guess they were to embarrassed to be seen with me when you drink everyone wants to be your friend but really they're acquitances.

• Posted

Sympathise,been drinking myself,lonely,moved to a beautiful island,but job not giving enough hours,so feel need to drink,possibly the same for 80% of the village,god knows,me,am a Carer,and have that to offer,but not enough people need that,spiralling,end there,and good luck to you x
  • Posted

Hello Tre.  There are many lonely people on this site.  We are all trying to work out WHY.  There are many causes, personality traits, relationship issues... it is a very common problem.

I hope you work things out, soon.

Alcohol Is Not Your Friend !

All Good Wishes to you. Don't drink too much... please don't. It won't make you happy, it's really Bad Company.

Alonangel🎇

• Posted

HI Tre...as other replies...drinking will only make it worse..yes repeating but I speak from experience and many years of drinking and wasted money and I did manager to stop since I was literally destroying my family...better now..try to make plan!! this is your year and best of luck. Robin

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.