Concerned now ive been diagnosed with pcos

Posted , 4 users are following.

Any suggestions as to whats the best to have when youve got pcos ?

- pill (the one you take all the time as cant have other due to bmi)

- implant

- coil

- injection

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

In my opinion the pill is ultimately the best if you are suffering with irregular periods, but it may make you put on weight and i find you have to experiment what is right for you. The best way to deal with your symptoms is a lifestyle change and you might not even feel that you need to be on the pill. Good luck smile

• Posted

I have tried both Pills and the implant, personally I prefer the implant as it provides a stable source of esteogen that is strong enough to over ride my unstable hormones for 3 months which leaves your Ovaries Dormant as they stop trying to make eggs. This complete stop elimitates my pain and cuts down my chances of developing further cysts and has less weight gain

When I was on the Pill, I found that my unstable hormones and metabolism meant that sometimes, the hormones of the pill would past though my system too fast to be absorbed or be not be take and disgested in time to "top up" yesterday's and it would have the same affects as skipping a pill/ having no treatment for PCOS so, Beginning a period, ovaries becoming active again and causing pain, testorone fuelled mood swings, increase in chance of pregnancy if sexually active etc.However if you have a regular balanced life style you should be fine as your metabolism shouldnt be up the creek like mine.

I would try pills first, a few different ones as they are the ones with the shortest life span and move up till your happy, bearing in mind all the information above and from others, and your personal goals

• Posted

Im also looking to get pregnant soon too so im still undecided on what to do sad

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.