Blepharitis and eczema are a nightmare!!😩

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have a quick pretty straightforward question for everyone out there do any of u suffer from eczema too my skin can't take the heat !! all around my eyes r ruby red it's a nightmare !! I'm off to some new drs next week in hope of finding out something I can do to get relief! Fingers crossed !!😎

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hi terri95729

Yes I suffer with blepharitis and exzema it's horrible and the only relief I get (have tried everything ) is with using hydrochloride cream......I am very careful when putting on eyelids and beneath eyes using a cotton bud then use a clean cotton bud to wipe away and it works .....just be careful you only put on the skin....it is the only thing I find helps me.

My optician told me her son also gets it and it's the only thing that gets rid of his.....

When it flared up I felt like a monster and the doctor said just keep up with the cleaning regime .....which didn't work....but this does

Good luck

• Posted

Hi terri95729

Yes I suffer with blepharitis and exzema it's horrible and the only relief I get (have tried everything ) is with using hydrochloride cream......I am very careful when putting on eyelids and beneath eyes using a cotton bud then use a clean cotton bud to wipe away and it works .....just be careful you only put on the skin....it is the only thing I find helps me.

My optician told me her son also gets it and it's the only thing that gets rid of his.....

When it flared up I felt like a monster and the doctor said just keep up with the cleaning regime .....which didn't work....but this does

Good luck

• Posted

Hi sorry it's hydrocortisone cream ....."Doh" ....cracking up.....I also got some "Dry Eye Cream" I got that from the "Skin Shop" online it's UK don't know where you are from ? It didn't clear anything but it is such a relief when you put it on it is so cooling and it's specifically for eyes and made with natural ingredients and wasn't expensive....I won't use anything on inner lids or the eye unless it's specifically for use on eyes........eyes are precious and even if you think it works you don't know long term what will do to your eyes .....

• Posted

I guess u r probably as frustrated as I am I never know which disease should b primary and how to get some relief from both I will ask my current dermatologist about THE hydrocortisone thanks for sharing!!😎

• Posted

For me it's Blepharitis and Psoriasis..... but the effect is the same as with Exema. Because of the way it makes me look and feel, I have discontinued the hot treatment. 

I honestly cannot say that my condition got worst when I stopped with the heat.

• Posted

I'd love to stop the heat treatments that r flaring up my eczema but I'm afraid the blepharitis will double!! And it's pretty horrible now !! I wish there was an easy answer for both of us but I know it's not a simple problem to solve I'm going to some new very innovative drs in the next couple of weeks I'll report back anything worthwhile! 😎

• Posted

I was told by my ophthalmologist to use alternate cool and warm compresses and never hot in any case . I purchased a $10 I mask that goes into the microwave that I put on for 20 seconds that I put on my eyelids with a Velcro quote close your around my head and a tissue over my eyes first for five minutes up to twice a day instead of compresses . I recommend starting every morning with a warm shower and letting the water onto your eyelids my eyes only feel normal when I'm in the shower these days I almost never want to get out because I know the itching and the weeping and the burning will shortly come up .

• Posted

Part two of my reply to the lady with psoriasis I don't think it is psoriasis I think it's eczema condition occasioned by the weeping the sleeping bacteria through your eyes when you're asleep . Put Vaseline that's petroleum jelly under your eyelids right up to the island but not so it gets in your eyes at night to prevent what comes out of your eyes for making your skin roll and eczema like around your ICUs refresh Lacri-Lube it comes in a little tube excuse me it's expensive but it's worth it back and go right into your eyes it's very soothing as a matter of fact the little ribbon of Lacri-Lube in your eyes and around the inside of the eyelids if you do that before you go to sleep you should have minimal seating of the eyes that causes that's good condition around your eyelids use coconut oil during the day after you taking a shower and completed whatever your treatment regimen is start applying coconut oil with clean fingertips to the areas affected by the eczema like condition depending on how long you've had it and how much it has become infected it may take 34566 days but it will clear it up it's good for me coconut oil has wonderful antibacterial properties it's Goodison all-around skin moisturizer as well good luck at

• Posted

Dear Agnes ,

I feel like u do ! For me going out lately is not worth the horrible way I feel plus I am really trying to nurse this and b extra careful since my daughter is getting married married in may!! There r many related activities I will need to attend related to the wedding and I'm dreading them all!!! I too use the heat mask which I read about in an earlier post it's been a lifesaver and even though I still have lots of eczema left it's gotten much better!!! This forum has wonderful generous people in it , many who know more about blepharitis than the actual drs!!! 😎

• Posted

My husband has had psoriasis for 30 years. he started to take Vit 12 in large doses. Psoriasis disappeared
  • Posted

I am just getting over a situation that encompassed my both eyelids and under my eyes right down to my cheekbones of red Roskin that would wake up in the morning looking like eczema because it was so dry . I went to a dermatologist who prescribed a cream that would have cost me almost $350 when I took into consideration my drug deductible and the 90+ dollar co-pay . I did not get the cream instead I begin to use melted coconut oil on all the areas in four days the condition was cured . I should add that this condition comes from the sleeping of the bacteria from your eyes at night when you don't have your blessed under control once I took my ophthalmic solution rubbing it across my eyelids morning and night for two weeks and got the bacteria under control I was able to tackle the red raw skin. Do not use moisturizer it will burn the coconut oil won't hurt you and it has many antibacterial properties I am happy to report this as a natural alternative I hope I never have to deal with it again it is indeed unsightly and a nightmare I had it for two weeks together with puffy swollen legs every morning until I got the bacteria under control good luck to you Agnes

• Posted

Dear Agnes ,

You r so generous with sharing your wealth of information!! And I'm so glad u do!!! I've never tried coconut oil but I'd love to try it!!! Quick question any particular type of coconut oil does it have to b organic I live in the US and there r so many different ines to choose from since I'm sending my husband he's going to need to have it more specific😊

• Posted

Terri Try the coconut oil to clear up your skin before your daughters wedding...congratulations.

I intend to keep applying it arou d my lids even when I dont have the eczema-like condition. Since it has such strong antibacterial properties im hoping it will prevent the thickening skin in future.

Anyway, hope is what we are all living on now.and you are so right...there are ma y fine, good people on this site willing to share their stories, tips, advice and to commiserate with each other.

It has both helped and inspired me through some miserable times.

Agnes

• Posted

Agnes,

Thank u so much!! I'm so excited for my second daughters wedding unfortunately blepharitis is slowly sucking the joy out of me!! I'm fighting hard to stay positive hoping that by May I can look presentable ( so much for the make up I was planning??) !!

I'm really hoping the coconut oil helps!! I'm looking forward to the day when eyes r no longer beet red with great anticipation!!! I've spent my day reading old forums in this site as well as some others I now have an arsenal of ideas to ask the dr about and just try on my own as time moves along ! I've always taught my kids that knowledge is power and I truly believe that! We r a very ( over) educated family and in times like this I truly feel it saves us !!

I'm wishing u well and hoping that 2017 gives all of us some relief from this blepharitis world we r forced to live in!!

Terri😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.