Clarifying eye diopters

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi to all,

Two years ago, I went to ophthalmologist for eye exam. Generally, eye was fine except diopters that he finds and it was:

-0.25, -0.75, ax90

-0.25, -0.75, ax 95

P.D. 64

I got glasses and it was ok.

Yesterday I went again on control (to another ophthalmologist) and he also done eye exam, it was find except he finds little bit different diopters then two years ago. First he control my diopter through computer measurement and results was:

Right

Ref VD: 0.0

Cyl Form: (-)

SPH CYL AX

-0.25 -0.75 90A

-0.25 -0.75 94A

-0.50 -0.50 90A

EYE -0.25 -0.75 92

Left

Ref VD: 0.0

Cyl Form: (-)

SPH CYL AX

+0.00 -1.00 83A

-0.25 -0.75 82A

-0.25 -0.75 83A

EYE -0.25 -1.00 83

Then he use traditional old method with changing lenses until he find best diopter. So he made prescription for eyeglasses:

O.D. Plano Sphaer, -0.75 Cyl, Axix 92

O.S. Plano Sphaer, -0.75 Cyl, Axix 83

P.D. 64

So my question is, is it possible to have different diopter like this in two years?

Thank you

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I don't understand it that way, the way I have mine done is 4prism distance and 8 prism up close any idea on that to yours?

They can defiantly change mine went from a prisom of 6 to 20 in 6 months! Couldn't get glasses with prisms in at that stenght. What did they say to you about it?

• Posted

No, I have just what I have. I am curios, is it possible to have improvement, to lose -0.25 sphere and to have just cylinders. Also, ophthalmologist prescription is different from computer measurement?  
  • Posted

''Then he use traditional old method with changing lenses until he  best diopter. So he made prescription for eyeglasses:''

sasa,  my understanding is the lens changes ---finding which one is better--is which one is controlling your astigmatism.  

the glasses that he made for you, if he used the above script, have no diopter correction... just correction for the astigmatism.   and yes, vision can change , it can flucate in one day. but your eyes are barely mypoic that you need litttle correction.   how do the new glasses work for you.....you really should just go back and ask your doctor 

all your questions.....its his job to explain it all to you.   smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.