My routine for blepharitis and for me it works

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have suffered from blepharitis for three or four years now and tried all manner of gimmicky and quite probably harmful remedies.

I now use lacrilube nightly on the advise of my optican, lovely soothing ointment which works overnight on the eyes and he said usee it every night regardless of whether you are getting a flare up or not as over time it will pay dividends, which it has with me.

Daily, up to twice a day out comeh my beautifully soothing cooling blephagel, more lovely treats for my eyes, lovely thick transparent gel that takes all my pain and swelling away

I WILL NOT under any circumstances ever use wet wipes again or baby shampoo because it was stripping away the good oils along with the bad and doing actual harm and was not either a short or long term solution

Neither am I tempted by manuka honey nor tea tree oil as I solemnly feel they were, as products, not designed for that purpose and gimmicky placebo effects to both of them, and finally cod liver oil capsules invariably burst in my throat and make me violently sick BESIDES not being effective.

So I'm sticking religiously with my lacrilube and blephagel and my cetrazine daily as together they've taken away a good 75^80% of my symptoms, and that's the facts of the matter.

Softly softly.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

What is cetrazine? Thanks for advice. I am getting Blephex treatment on friday so will see how that goes too as also have mgd
    • Posted

Hi Justin, Cetrizine is an anti histamine tablet, I find it invaluable, I was having constant flare ups before I started on them and when I ran out a few weeks ago for just a few days, unforseen delays with my chemist, it went back to square one, so I really wouldn't be without it now.

What's mgd, by the way?

• Posted

Myebomiam glabd dysfunction so i need to do hot compresses, masssge and eye lid clean to try and unblock my myebomiam glands..v time consuming. like the idea of cooling eye gel...is it preservative free...is this a routine during flare ups or always? Hiping to wear contacts again at some point and wondered if all of these things are contact lens comparible. Does antihistamine tablet dry out your eyes? You don't need to use eye drops?

• Posted

I've never worn contacts so can't comment, the idea with my routine is the gel and the cetrazine and the ointment work in conjunction so they don't dry out when used all together.

• Posted

I just feel that the eyes are a delicate mechanism and to scrub away and put weird foreign bodies that are not designed for that purpose is sheer folly and am sticking to what the doctor or in this case the optician, ordered!
    • Posted

Fiona,

After much research I really that you're probably right !! We r lucky that our sight ( for the most part ) remains in tact so why push the boundaries!! There r so many natural things out there to work with so I too am trying to stick with them!! Stay well !

Terri😎

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.