Esa not over turned what next should i do help please !!

Posted , 3 users are following.

My Esa has been stopped i was told to get a mandatory reconsideration but still turned my down. Help can i take it to the first tier tribunal.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes you can within one month. I did just this and did a paper presentation as I explained how stressful it would be otherwise , I won both with ESA and Pips
    • Posted

Also I would suggest you get a copy of your assessment report and go through it very carefully picking up where you feel you have not been awarded the correct points. I used a marker pen to highlight where the assessor had contradicted herself 
  • Posted

Try and get yourself help from a welfare officer, your local housing association can help you get in touch with this, they help you so much through the process. Making it less stressful x good luck
  • Posted

Hi, I can't help you but I am in exactly the same position as you. I have my tribunal date set for 14th Feb and dreading it. I was finally diagnosed with Fibromyalgia today so I am hoping this backs up what I have been saying to the benefits people. Twice now I have been told I am fit for work, even though I am barely functioning on a daily basis. I didn't appeal it last time, this time I had no choice as I am pretty much incapacitated most of the time and my Dad even has to take me to sign-on!! I haven't worked for two years and had to quit my previous job due to crippling pain (I was diagnosed with Joint Hypermobility Syndrome after that). I'm so completely exhausted and trying to fight the system when you feel so lousy just seems cruel. But I would advise you to take it to appeal. I'm seeing a guy at the citizens advice on Wednesday to start to make my case. He will then come with me to the appeal itself. If they still refuse me I honestly don't know what I will do. I was in real despair when I still got no points from the Mandatory reconsideration. But if it helps, I've been told most people seem to have to appeal it to the bitter end.

Good luck. This is a truly horrible (and invisible) illness. xx

• Posted

Hi there thank you i know its sad we have deal with the Dwp i signed on for a week it was so stressful i did not sign on again really feel your pain .well goodluck for your tribuna.l i have applied for the first tier tribunal well we only hope and pray my friend .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.