Pine bark capsules

Posted , 7 users are following.

New to this forum,diagnosed in November with meneires on 3x16mg a day,anyone tried pine bark capsules supplements??

1 like, 17 replies

17 Replies

• Posted

Presume you are taking Betahistine. It takes at least a month to become fully effective and you will probably need a higher dose to do the trick. That has been my experience.

No idea about pine bark capsules - sorry.

• Posted

I'm taking 3x16mg a day since November,had no attacks since then then had 2 attacks this week and 1 being at work,just read that these capsules can help so I've ordered some,try anything nothing to lose!

• Edited

I bought some but I haven't tried it. I am doing really well on the horsetail and Ginko leaf supplements. Are you taking them regularly?

• Posted

I've not taken them yet,what are the horsetail supplements??di they work??

• Posted

Do u take your supplements aswell as the 16mg tablets??
    • Posted

Horsetail is a natural diuretic. It helps with excess fluid retention. It has really helped me. Gingko leaf helps with inner ear circulation. I am taking other vitamin supplements too but these two are anazing.
    • Posted

I take 2 gingko leaf and 3 horsetail a day. Morning noon and dinner. Low salt diet. Low caffine. Alcohol is impossible for me. I drink low caffinated tea. Daily vitamins are a must. Potassium and Magnesium especially. Talk to your doctor or look up naturapathic doctors and mineares. I am checking to see if there is a link between chicken pox/shingles virus and MD. From all the studies I have read so far no one really knows. It could even be a combination of things. Allergies too. Good luck. I am treating my allergies too. I am trying hard to find the under lining cause personally. MD is usually a symptom from something else going on in your body. Or it can be passed down from parents, or injury. Complex Disease. Complex disease. All I know is when I went in to my Ent she said I could not hear at all out of my right ear. They were shocked after my hearing test. On I have been on the horsetail since Oct 31, 2016 and my hearing is 70 percent better, my ringing is almost gone, and I have only had 2 bad attacks and just a few dizzy spells. Hope that helps. Best of luck.
    • Posted

I've just received the tablets,I'll let u know if there's any improvement

• Posted

Steve that sounds great.  I added the pine bark as well and I haven't felt this good in years.  Some people are allergic to horsetail after a few weeks.  So if you have any problems with it try the dandlion as an alternative.  

• Edited

That's good to hear Angela,I'm still taking 3x16 betahastine which ent says stay on for 6 months but since I've been taking 150mg pine bark a day in the last 12 days no attacks at all still slight ringing but after 2 weeks previous I had 4 big attacks in 14 days I feel much better now,just hope it continues!!!

• Posted

I have been taking 150mg of pine bark extract a day along with Ginkgo Biloba and CoQ10 for the last 120 days since my last episode. I have also cut down on caffeine and salt intake as much as I can while still enjoying life...excersising 3-4 times a week also. So far so good, the ringing in my ear has become minimal and no episodes. Please let me know if you have any questions. Allan
    • Posted

Do u still take bethastine aswell?? Can cope with ringing in ear just can't cope with the vertigo

• Posted

I have never taken bethastine. Only taking the the French maritime pine bark extract, Coq10 and ginkgo Biloba on a daily basis. Once a week or two I also take a diuretic. The ringing doesn't bother me either but it's nice to have it be so low in volume. I don't know if these supplements will work for everyone but I can tell you that since taking them I have not had a single issue with the vertigo. My previous attacks would last about 12 hours..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.