Help. Please

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello.

Please help. Does anyone here suffer from hair loss from the eyeborws? I'm losing my eyeborws and im only 24 sad

My tsh is ok.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Sorry to hear this lia, you are not alone. My are extremely thin also and my thyroid is normal. I sincerely hope they come back but wonder if you are on any meds that may have caused this? I am not 100% sure why my hair is thinning everywhere. I basically almost never shave. I really hope it resolves but would love to hear if you found any reasons.
  • Posted

Hi Lia

That is really tough to start losing them while you areso young.

I'm not sure when my eyebrows started disappearing, probably in my early 30s. I was a bit shocked in my 40s when a friend said I needed to use an eyebrow pencil. The fronts have retreated about half an inch now though that's an area of never plucked. I'm 62.

Do you also get little sore spots around the edges of nose &/or eyes, lasting just a few days?

• Posted

The doctor took biopsy from my scalp and the results showed that I have inflammation there and lymphocytic infiltration. So I guess it's an autoimmune hair loss. I have itching and pain in the area of the eyeborws before the hair fall out.

Did you notice a hair growth there?

Btw sorry for my english

• Posted

Your English is fine, Lia, and with the joys of auto-disjunct, more commonly "autocorrect", plus chubby fingers on tiny phone keyboards, none of us sound too brilliant in chats/forums.

I suffer many kinds of itching and my scale is part of that. But the transitory little sore or tender areas around the edges of the nose & eyelids never progress to anything else. Ten or 12 years ago I was told that those sore spots combined with losing the fronts of the eyebrows were specific to one particular AI disease - I've forgotten which one. I'd already had Sjogren's for a long time.

I take evoxac/civemeline for my SS (and a host of other meds for other issues).

• Posted

Oops. I don't have scale, should say that my scalp is part of the whole body itching problem.

• Posted

I didnt take and drugs
  • Posted

One obvious possibility is alopecia areata. That is also an autoimmune disorder. I have that and when I first got it, my first loss started with just a small spot on top of my head. I never actually lost my eyebrows but it can start there. You might check your scalp all around for little round holes. You know the rule if you have one autoimmune disorder you probably have another. If you do find a hole in your hair then you need to go see a dermatologist.
    • Posted

The dpctor told me its not alopecia areata. She think its because of the sjogren or maybe lichen planupilaris.
  • Posted

I have no eyebrows left from Sjogrens. My grandaughter loves to lift my bangs and ask me "where did they go"? My hair thinned once before diagnosis so I shaved it and started over. I also take 5 thousand mg of Biotin daily for hair and nails. My doctor advised this.

• Posted

And you have problems with your thyroid gland or something like that?
    • Posted

Yes. I have had low thyroid since I was 25 years of age. My thyroid has been stable on medication all this time. I am now having some fluctuations in levels related to autoimmune issues. Low thyroid can cause your hair to thin etc. If you are on thyroid check with your doctor about another type of medication. I also have nodules which have recently begun to grow. I swear by the Biotin.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.