Costochondritis and trying to be cheerful!!

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, I am 60 and a keen yoga person and swimmer but got struck down by Costochondritis in late Oct. I had all the heart tests etc .....having read all the posts on this page it is reassuring to see that I am not alone...but I was hoping for some advice. Has anyone tried doing any gentle swimming or yoga with their Costo. Would it help.? I take NAproxen 2x a day and Paracetomel every 4/6 hrs. I may be lucky and it will go away......if not I need to learn to live with it....advice???

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I agree I have a rheumatologist appoinment appoinment tom have been feeling badly 2 almost 3

Years. What is this and has anyone ever been cured ?

• Posted

If you are on a blood thinner naproxen isn't a good idea. As far as yoga goes should be fine be careful not to over stretch or put to much pressure on chest area

• Posted

How long have you had Costo? Did your doctors actually diagnose you as having this? I have been feeling this way for over 2 years off and on . What are your symptoms ?
    • Posted

I am not on blood thinner so I am fine. I am going to go for a Sauna this week and see if that helps. I am hopeful that It will not last😊even though it is quite debilitating just now.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.