Clitoris disappeared lichen sclerosis

Posted , 10 users are following.

I have just been diagnosed with LS

My clitoris has all but disappeared! Does anyone know if and how it can be un fused as the gynaecologist at the hospital said there was nothing that could be done

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Not true that nothing can be done.  On other forums women share that they have had treatment.  The Association for Lichen Sclerosus and Vulval Health has information so you may want to try them. Looks like they are doing a study with a doctor for PRP which other members on forums have said has helped the clitoris problem.  Your clitoris is probably only buried, which is why you cannot see it.  Hope this is helpful to you.  I have had this problem too and I know how upsetting it can be. I have had PRP and stem cell. PRP was good.  Wishing you good luck and hope you get help.
  • Posted

Have a look at the thread on this forum "An experiment with borax" as people are reporting wonderful un-fusing happening.

• Posted

This may sound stupid but even if the clitoris is fused it hasn't actually disappeared.  Wouldn't the ability to have an orgasm still be present? Perhaps not as easy to achieve?  I'm asking in case this happens to me.  How horrible this would be.

• Posted

It is horrible!

Having said that that, I can still orgasm, but takes forever to get there and it's over in a second . It all looks fine, except smaller..

Im determined to get this borax working.

But having examined it left right and center I find it hard to see where it can unfuse. It all looks so "perfectly fused".

• Posted

A friend of mine has total fused labia, no symptoms, and was told by the doctor she does not have LS...... to me, this begs the question, is it because of the menopause?

Are women being wrongly diagnosed??

• Posted

I just did a little research online and found that other issues besides LS can cause fused labia.  Whatever the cause, the baking soda baths and Borax treatments are helping the labia unfuse, so I would think this treatment would be beneficial for all causes of fused labia.
    • Posted

Thank you for looking in to this. I think I will do a bit of searching. I've have been using the borax twice a day for a week now, but so far no results :-(

• Posted

The information you provided was interesting.  Perhaps I already have fusion of the clitoris because it takes me for ever to have an orgasm and sometimes it takes so long it never comes. Can be so frustrating.  Used to be I was quick to reach orgasm and it was wonderful.  I thought it was just because I was getting older. I do hope you let me know how the borax treatment turns out.  Think I will try it myself.
    • Posted

Hi Kippy,

It took months before I started seeing any unfusing.  I think it depends on each individual and how much fusing they have.

• Posted

I will let you know. And you too. Good luck. 😊

• Posted

Thank you Anna, your comments have given me some hope.
    • Posted

Glad they helped - we could all use a little hope. :-)

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.